What I Got Today!

Brac

Referring to Earl's post:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/135353-what-i-got-today/page-47#entry1756142

+++

It was so great to meet you today, Earl. Nothing like a 90 degree day shopping for speakers in a garage!

To our fellow Klipschites, Earl got the absolute cream of the crop of a very large collection of amps/speakers. Earl walked into this garage and instantly found the best values. You have both a great eye and a great ear, Earl.

You guys say pictures or it never happened. Believe me, it happened. :D

Those are Pioneer CS-63 DX speakers being used as a table to stack receivers on.

post-58280-0-61480000-1406080776_thumb.j

I don't even know what to say about this picture.

post-58280-0-37880000-1406080803_thumb.j

It's hard to see but there are some tower speakers laid horizontally on a shelf (just under the top, left florescent light) about ten feet up, that required Earl climbing an eight foot ladder to retrieve.
post-58280-0-16880000-1406080854_thumb.j

Here's Earl praying that his hearing comes back after testing speakers with no other source other than country music.

post-58280-0-29280000-1406080999_thumb.j

Almost Heaven, West Virginia!

Right, Earl? B)

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 3

• Moderators

What I got today was a headache from trying to use Apple iTunes to add 10gb of Cd's to an iPhone 4s.

It first loaded everything fine I thought, but half the music wasn't there, just the names and titles, after trying many times I finally got it, it appears.

It all appears really simple, until it doesn't work as it should, then the fun starts. :(

• Like 1

Referring to Earl's post:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/135353-what-i-got-today/page-47#entry1756142

+++

It was so great to meet you today, Earl. Nothing like a 90 degree day shopping for speakers in a garage!

To our fellow Klipschites, Earl got the absolute cream of the crop of a very large collection of amps/speakers. Earl walked into this garage and instantly found the best values. You have both a great eye and a great ear, Earl.

You guys say pictures or it never happened. Believe me, it happened. :D

Those are Pioneer CS-63 DX speakers being used as a table to stack receivers on.

attachicon.gifIMG_4083.JPG

I don't even know what to say about this picture.

attachicon.gifIMG_4097.JPG

It's hard to see but there are some tower speakers laid horizontally on a shelf (just under the top, left florescent light) about ten feet up, that required Earl climbing an eight foot ladder to retrieve.

attachicon.gifIMG_4080.JPG

Here's Earl praying that his hearing comes back after testing speakers with no other source other than country music.

attachicon.gifIMG_4098.JPG

Almost Heaven, West Virginia!

Right, Earl? B)

Still many fantastic deals left. I should have rented a bigger car for the trip back.

Great collection wvu80, looks like a little of everything and a few extras.

All that gear belongs to Nate, a disabled Vietnam veteran. I'm just the helper bee trying to help him pare down the collection. :)

post-58280-0-93380000-1406117892_thumb.j

It's funny you mentioned the "extras." In this next picture, there are so many speakers, you can't even see the not-one, but TWO Harley-Davidsons in the top right corner!

post-58280-0-70080000-1406118180_thumb.j

The Centrance Dacmini CX has started to reveal why stereophile has had it on its class A recommended components for 3 years running now. I dont hear tons of differences between dacs but after a couple hours paired with the Kenzie I know why this dac is so highly thought of

I thought my Bifrost Uber was VERY GOOD, (I still do) it was very musical and detailed with no harshness what ever, it was also quiet

This mini is hard to describe is there such a thing as quieter than quiet, this is eerily quiet everything just emanates from nothingness, the edges of individual instruments are cleaner with better air / separation, and it still retains its analog musicality with zero harshness, so far everything thrown its way has responded very well

The mini also has a class A headphone amp built in that is very good but it can not keep up with Kenzie, I believe I have found that elusive synergy, this is sounding so good it must be sinful....................the HE500's have never sounded better

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!