What I Got Today!

Brac

Small Coca`Cola Unopened 8 oz like my Grand Mother used to get many years ago. She would not drink canned cola, or use the bigger bottles. It always had to be the 8 oz Bottle.

Thanks to Carl it now resides on exhibit out of reach, to remind me of her.

• Like 1

My daughter loves them types of bottles. She finds the need to save them. Drinking them does carry a nice nostalgic and actually to myself a favored mode of drinking coca'cola. Not so sure about other soda due to them not offering the bottled 8oz option at least that come to mind at the moment other than jones cola...

Man carl sure does a lot for everybody. Thats really cool that he helped get such a museum touch to admire....alls ol' carl does for me is make fun of me and stuff. I guess its pretty easy lol

Cheers!

• Like 1

From a friend & co-worker yesterday: Approx 120 records, 100+ cassette tapes (mostly home mixes) with 4 storage cases, and some 8-track tapes (lol). Price= FREE!! B)

I've picked out about 10 LP's that look pretty playable, that I'm going to clean and play some of tonight. In particular, I'm anxious to play the "Revolver" LP.. It's going to be a fun evening... :emotion-29:

music011_zpsec5b149a.jpg?t=1406938356

• Like 3

Billy Beer on the shelf.

Oh yeah! I have of 6 pack of "who dey" beer(was the beers of the somewhat golden age in bengals football and beer)

hoping for a comeback myself for the bengals and who dey beer...that dude at qb foy beloved team will surely get us to the playoffs like magic cause man the magic show ends pretty fast.

Can i ask do you support Billy if he enters this next upcoming contest??

From a friend & co-worker yesterday: Approx 120 records, 100+ cassette tapes (mostly home mixes) with 4 storage cases, and some 8-track tapes (lol). Price= FREE!! B)

I've picked out about 10 LP's that look pretty playable, that I'm going to clean and play some of tonight. In particular, I'm anxious to play the "Revolver" LP.. It's going to be a fun evening... :emotion-29:

Now that is quite an emotional photo i must say. Very nice! Unfortunately the only 8 track i have left is Lawrence Welk...not that i do not like LW...I just finished watching the weekly episode moments ago...my cassettes are stashed...some rare recordings still in my listening area. Nice grab Rick!

Man Rick there are some absolutely killer items sitting there. Well done!

Also, I ordered a Teac Distinction Series CD-2000 SACD player in silver. It looks like it will match the appearance of my Parasound components well, and hopefully their sound quality. I've been curious about this series of players since their release. I saw it for a price I could not resist (even cheaper than the lower end CD-1000) here:

http://hifiheaven.net/store/Products/Super-Audio-CD-CD-Players--and-Transports/TEAC-Distinction-Series-CD-2000-CD-Player

It will be connected to my Parasound P5 via XLR connections. I'm anxious to put it through its paces... :emotion-19:

(this photo is actually of the CD-3000, but they look identical)

teac-cd-3000-1_104237_zps0cb34d1a.jpg?t=

Edited by Rick

Chet adkins is a good one...I have heard good things about the vanguard stereolab...

That roaring 20's is a regardless keeper! Looks like a variety of what the roaring 20's were...and That Kennedy lp has to be of high interest to some point and possibly very good at least interesting...

Also, I ordered a Teac Distinction Series CD-2000 SACD player in silver. It looks like it will match the appearance of my Parasound components well, and hopefully their sound quality. I've been curious about this series of players since their release. I saw it for a price I could not resist (even cheaper than the lower end CD-1000) here:

http://hifiheaven.net/store/Products/Super-Audio-CD-CD-Players--and-Transports/TEAC-Distinction-Series-CD-2000-CD-Player

It will be connected to my Parasound P5 via XLR connections. I'm anxious to put it through its paces... :emotion-19:

Man your having a party up in there tonight! Nice choice in unit! Xlr to boot!!

(this photo is actually of the CD-3000, but they look identical)

Nice, very nice. I was looking very closely at the Teac players a while back and was very close to pulling the trigger then I happened upon a Cambridge Audio 840C. Even then, I was still considering the 2000 to buy and do an exhaustive A-B showdown. This proposal did not sit well with the bride with doling out so much $$$ at one time.

That price is about where Assessories4less had this player about 1.5 years ago. Now they don't carry it.

Those Distinction Series Teacs are built solid, I am anxious to here your opinion after letting it loose.

Bill

Edited by willland

20140802_162957_zps4dbee41c.jpg

Walked into BB and I just couldn't leave without it. Samsung PN64F8500, $1300 out the door.

Whaaattt! $1300 out the door, was it a display model? Been looking at getting the PN51F8500 as my bday present for myself and it is around $1300.
It was an open box, missing the stand and remote. Luckily I was able to get the stand at another BB, just waiting for it to show up in the mail.

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!