What I Got Today!

Brac

A Teac CD-1000 SACD player. It is an excellent looking and well built unit, and while I've only had the time to play a couple of discs so far, it sounds great!!

I ordered a CD-2000 (basically the same unit w/XLR out connections) from Hi-Fi Heaven a couple of weeks ago, only to have them email me the next day saying they were out of stock. 

CD-1000004_zps72a05368.jpg?t=1408335200

Edited by Rick

Also, I got this 2011 Chevy Malibu LT, and I'll be picking it up today before work.

I was in an accident last Sunday (8/10). A guy ran a stop sign and we collided, and my car was a total loss...

8-17083_zpsbb52e820.jpg?t=1408340324

Edited by Rick
  • Like 1

A Teac CD-1000 SACD player. It is an excellent looking and well built unit, and while I've only had the time to play a couple of discs so far, it sounds great!!

I ordered a CD-2000 (basically the same unit w/XLR out connections) from Hi-Fi Heaven a couple of weeks ago, only to have them email me the next day saying they were out of stock. 

CD-1000004_zps72a05368.jpg?t=1408335200

Nice looking unit Rick.  It seems that we are seeing more TEAC products recently...

Edited by Boxx

Also, I got this 2011 Chevy Malibu LT, and I'll be picking it up today before work.

I was in an accident last Sunday (8/10). A guy ran a stop sign and we collided, and my car was a total loss...

8-17083_zpsbb52e820.jpg?t=1408340324

Really glad to hear that you are OK....

Especially glad that you were not on your bike when the accident happened.

I've had a great week!!

I've been wanting this since its release, and when I saw it for a great price as one of Best Buy's "Deals Of The Day" last week, I decided it was time to pull the trigger. It arrived today, and I cannot wait to play them this weekend... 

Janis001_zps92bd3764.jpg?t=1408545540

Janis004_zpscb031f13.jpg?t=1408459252

• Like 1

I've had a great week!!

I've been wanting this since its release, and when I saw it for a great price as one of Best Buy's "Deals Of The Day" last week, I decided it was time to pull the trigger. It arrived today, and I cannot wait to play them this weekend... 

Excellent pickup Rick.....

• Like 1

I've had a great week!!

Thank you my friend. Also, I'm hoping to join you and the rest of the gang in the "RTM" thread on Saturday evening, if everything goes as planned...

P.S. - Congrats on the being selected as a moderator on the forum. I voted for you, and I know you've got what it takes to do an excellent job at it (as well as the others selected)!!!!   :excl2:  :excl:  :emotion-21:  :emotion-19: 

Edited by Rick

I've had a great week!!

Thank you my friend. Also, I'm hoping to join you and the rest of the gang in the "RTM" thread on Saturday evening, if everything goes as planned...

P.S. - Congrats on the being selected as a moderator on the forum. I voted for you, and I know you've got what it takes to do an excellent job at it!!!!   :excl2:  :excl:  :emotion-21:  :emotion-19: 

Thanks Rick.....

• Moderators
Really glad to hear that you are OK.... Especially glad that you were not on your bike when the accident happened.

True, it's what scares me the most about bikes, don't know how I missed that. I seen the car but apparently didn't read what happened. Good looking car and glad your ok, if the car was totaled it must have been pretty bad, glad your ok. Nice looking car, it's getting really hard to look at cars nowadays and know what kind they are they have all changed so much.

Janis J should sound great, it's one of those voices and styles that stand out, when you hear it you know who it is and she never really got the credit she deserved. imo

• Like 1

How about a pair of walnut Heresy II's, that are pretty beat, but not toooooo bad, and....all of the drivers are good.  Only thing missing is a dustcap from one of the K-24-K woofers.  $25 for the pair at a local flea market....Score!

Outstanding.... 

How about a pair of walnut Heresy II's, that are pretty beat, but not toooooo bad, and....all of the drivers are good.  Only thing missing is a dustcap from one of the K-24-K woofers.  $25 for the pair at a local flea market....Score!

Well all you needed was another pair of Heresy's Jim! 

I got to play like I was at home today.

Program office wanted to display some rolling status information on two 50" monitors in one location. The IT department quoted $52,000.00 for two sites being setup which included computers, travel, yada yada yada.

I went out for lunch checked around and picked up a 50" HDTV, HDMI splitter, HDMI over Cat 5 adapters, linked some Excel spreadsheets to Power Point and displayed the information as a slide show to three different offices (which had TVs already) plus the required location on new TV using an existing laptop for $1000.00 total.

Where's my bonus?

P.S. The IT manager has announced that she likes me even less now :rolleyes:

Edited by USNRET
  • Like 1

Well all you needed was another pair of Heresy's Jim! 

I know, but how can you resist a pair for $25 bucks?  Even if nothing inside worked?  The guy at the shop let me open them up, and they looked clean (other than the cabinets), so hey, what the heck....

• Like 1

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!