What I Got Today!

Brac

What I got today, my wife was concerned when the UPS driver used a 2 wheeler to deliver it. What a heavy beast.

post-27403-0-19460000-1402628819_thumb.jpost-27403-0-74940000-1402628833_thumb.jpost-27403-0-73460000-1402628852_thumb.j

A little fixer upper but as long as the transformer, and autoformers are good, it shouldn't be nothing that can't be fixed.

I all so received my Crown D45 I purchased from JWC, I didn't take pics yet but did get it hooked up and it sounds really good.

• Like 4

What I got today, my wife was concerned when the UPS driver used a 2 wheeler to deliver it. What a heavy beast.

attachicon.gifamp on porch.jpgattachicon.gifamp in basement.jpgattachicon.gifamp unleashed.jpg

A little fixer upper but as long as the transformer, and autoformers are good, it shouldn't be nothing that can't be fixed.

I all so received my Crown D45 I purchased from JWC, I didn't take pics yet but did get it hooked up and it sounds really good.

Nice, very nice indeed....

What I got today, .....FINELY rid of all excess Klipsch, a local chap just hauled away the wife's Chorus, and my sub goes to Reno in two weeks.

This is a great day. she has her Khorns and is a happy camper, I have, um, the jury is still out on that one..... :rolleyes:

Edited by minermark
  • Like 3

• Moderators

JWC is the person who told me about those amps, Thank You for that and much more.

He suggested the D-75's which I tried two of and are still using them today and feel no need to change.

I have to say if you ever have the chance to meet him do yourself a favor and meet him. You can look at all my post and see I don't just say things like that, but JC is one of the smartest people I have ever met and couldn't be nicer. I know others who know him well would say the same thing, this is no BS.

I hope he don't read this, but it's true.

• Like 4

There's been lots of garage sales within a mile of my house. I bought a box of 97 albums for $20. I saw a pair of ADS speakers for $25 - I don't really know anything about old ADS speakers, but I bought them anyway. I continued talking to the gentleman selling them and he said he brought them back from Vietnam. Then he asked me if I was into old stereos. I answered that I didn't really know too much, but I'm just getting into speakers. He recalled that he brought back an old Sansui stereo with the speakers, but hadn't used it in years. So as I loaded the speakers he went into his basement and pulled it out and plugged it in. The light came on. He said give me $10 for it. I got home and the receiver wasn't putting out any sound, but I sprayed some deoxit and started jiggling the pots until both speakers kicked in.

So what I wound up with was a Sansui 9090 receiver and a pair of ADS L810 and I think they sound great together!

• Like 2

JWC is the person who told me about those amps, Thank You for that and much more.

He suggested the D-75's which I tried two of and are still using them today and feel no need to change.

I have to say if you ever have the chance to meet him do yourself a favor and meet him. You can look at all my post and see I don't just say things like that, but JC is one of the smartest people I have ever met and couldn't be nicer. I know others who know him well would say the same thing, this is no BS.

I hope he don't read this, but it's true.

Dtel. Thanks so much for the props. I can reflect the same with you and your family. You just can't meet nicer folks.

cheers

jc

• Like 1

• Moderators

Well thanks but it's not the same, they have never ever even considered putting my pic on a sign unless it was like a warning to others. :lol:

I wish I could have taken a pic of that, I would at least shared it with a couple of people you know well, they would have loved it.

Hope the family is doing well, glad you are away from that tornado magnet, very nice but scary.

Today's quiz - Where is this line from?

"Kid, whad'ya get?" I said, "I didn't get nothing, I had to pay

$50 and pick up the garbage."

Remember, Googling is cheating!

Aww, c'mon! Make it a challenge!! :) "Alice's Resturaunt"

Although it could be pronounced "Keeeid".

Edited by Mighty Favog
  • Like 1

I dont understand the contraption deal on them now....man i had everything(now just missing my gas cans lol) then divorced and now im just missing my gas cans lol hahaha

THESE NEW ONES SUCK!

I heard someone was putting gas on a fire and sued the manufacturer. So now we all got to use the new and improved version.

I have 4 of the older plastic cans that are easy pour, and 3-5 Jerry cans. Although some have a little rust in them. I have a large clear hose with a fuel filter on it. No mouth full of gas when I refill my plastic cans from the old metal ones.

I picked this up from a family friend that is moving. It was made by her brother-in-law who was a pilot. He was also an engineer at Ohio State.

Not a bad pickup for the little guy's.

DSC_0224-1.jpg

Edited by Boxx
  • Like 4

A 6 pack of beer for tonight's concert for me. A 6 pack of canned dog food from the health food store for McCritter.

What, You won't share your Beer with him?

Knew some people that had a dog. If you were drinking beer and she put her bowl in your lap, you was expected to contribute.

We'd get drunk,the dog would get drunk and start nipping the guys on the butt when they went outside to pee.

They finally had to cut her off as when she got drunk she was a lush.

• Like 2

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!