What I Got Today!

Brac

If the plastic can were not bad enough a while back some genius decide to eliminate the little vent cap so now it takes 5 times as long to pour 5 gallons.
I poured in 10 gals. of gas into my mower today, for the first time. I'm not sure why, but the gas came out fast enough without the need for a vent cap. Not sure why...... Also, did not spill a drop btw...

Ah ha...I see...Boxx got to use his new can...thats awsome!

Man i lost my 3 good old style gas cans thru my divorce a couple years ago...iv been looking ever since...the ones at every store have that dang safety contraption on them...im stupid and not gonna try one of them again...I miss having my old cans...these new ones suck...literally...I know for sure they dont pour

You are correct sir, those stupid new ones do suck,and the last 1 gal one I bought with my new chain saw does indeed leak all over my hand when pouring. You can't buy a can now without that contraption on there. :angry:

I still have a couple of steel 5 gal jerry cans from my old motocross days. They are over 25 years old and still look and work just fine.

Well.... I now have a total of four. Each time that I fill up my mower it takes 10 gals. I like to have some extra around for the other yard equipment....

Edited by Boxx

Well.... I now have a total of four. Each time that I fill up my mower it takes 10 gals. I like to have some extra around for the other yard equipment....

Absolutely..Not to pour my sight in aw over your home which is absolutely gorgeous i had seen from your pic at one point i was near the thought you may have your own petro tank near the garage...my fiance' family with a lot of farm equipment have several large large tanks of gasoline that they purchase off the truck bi annually...Its always fun to visit...just dont tell grandpa they tell us and we fill up even if were an hour away lol that is on a farm though...

Does sound like with your 10 gallon tank you may consider...yet again you may receive friends or visitors for the fringe benefits alone...Or just to hear the p39's and jubs side by side then heck fill up and head on home....Cheers....always nice to see a can being put to good use...

EDIT: "A GOOD CAN"...not just any can!

EDIT AGAIN: "A GOOD GASOLINE CAN" for them filthy minds out there lol

Edited by beeker

• Moderators
Delivered yesterday

Fancy looking tubes, nice looking set up for choosing music and listening, and NO room problems to change your sound.

I don't want to go down the headphone route, they can make speakers harder to listen to.

I remember watching the videos about this which were posted here a year or 2 ago. The footage of people pouring gas directly on a fire and then themselves becoming engulfed in flames was pretty funny. The fact that they would then turn around and sue this company is truly unbelievable. Stories like this make me hate Americans.

http://stateimpact.npr.org/oklahoma/2012/07/09/why-the-largest-maker-of-portable-gas-cans-is-going-out-of-business/

Edited by finallygotmyheresies

Can you say AUDITION :P

attachicon.gifse84 special 019.JPG

I have to ask Joe...what do you call that kind of listening sanctuary? Looks interesting and just about right...just needs my chair lol ya know...we all got our own chair!

I call it creative thinking in a small space :D It is in the motorhome we currently reside in you must get creative with storage and placement of everything when your area consists of 37' by 8'

Delivered yesterday

Fancy looking tubes, nice looking set up for choosing music and listening, and NO room problems to change your sound.

I don't want to go down the headphone route, they can make speakers harder to listen to.

Fancy looking tubes courtesy of Justin Weber / ampsandsound

I went the headphone route out of necessity. I frankly HATED them at first. I came to realize they have strengths that speakers can not offer.

Headphones will definitely change your perception of how good a speaker / system sounds, In fact I feel they will have altered my listening in a major way

Once we get settled I will have a 2 channel system again but frankly doubt I will worry about getting carried away with trying to extract the absolute best SQ, as I already Know headphones will offer more detail than I can ever achieve with open air speakers

Edited by joessportster

Each time that I fill up my mower it takes 10 gals

Well that must be a heavy duty mower.

Mine is very similar to this one, except dirtier.

There are two 5.5 gal. gas tanks that straddle the sides of the engine.

Tank.jpg

Based on the positive reviews of the new 2014 remasters thus far, I purchased the first 3 Led Zeppelin Deluxe Edition CDs yesterday. I won't get a chance to listen to them until Saturday, but I have high hopes that they'll be a noticeable improvement over the 1993 remasters...

LZI_CD.jpg

211618.jpg

211617.jpg

• Like 1

Based on the positive reviews of the new 2014 remasters thus far, I purchased the first 3 Led Zeppelin Deluxe Edition CDs yesterday. I won't get a chance to listen to them until Saturday, but I have high hopes that they'll be a noticeable improvement over the 1993 remasters...

LZI_CD.jpg

211618.jpg

211617.jpg

Well done Rick.... :emotion-21:

• Moderators
Headphones will definitely change your perception of how good a speaker / system sounds, In fact I feel they will have altered my listening in a major way Once we get settled I will have a 2 channel system again but frankly doubt I will worry about getting carried away with trying to extract the absolute best SQ, as I already Know headphones will offer more detail than I can ever achieve with open air speakers

True, it's going to be really hard to be impressed by speakers after all that time with headphones. It will be a big change with the room filling up with sound compared to just your head. It will be different, which is always a good thing but keep some headphones. :emotion-21:

• Moderators

Tank.jpg

Those are very nice and can cover a big area quickly also built heaver to last longer than a normal mower.

I have never tried one, I would probably run into a tree or pond learning how to steer.

Got a new lower rear hatch seal for my old but new to me '84 Porshe 944 today . . . to keep the exhaust fumes out of the cabin which nearly choked me to death the first time I drove it last month and rolled the driver window down! Rolling the window down creates a known issue when the lower hatch seal is bad--it sucks the exhaust up and under the rear wing and in through the faulty seal. Nothing like a little carbon monoxide poisoning!

My 7 year old grandson is coming next week. Would be bad for family relations if I took him out for a ride in Grandpa's new scoot and he came back unconscious! So, I am glad the new seal arrived today!

Edited by Rhetor

Tank.jpg

Those are very nice and can cover a big area quickly also built heaver to last longer than a normal mower.

I have never tried one, I would probably run into a tree or pond learning how to steer.

I have learned one thing about this unit.... Parts and tire replacement costs.... Oh, my......

• Moderators

I remember watching the videos about this which were posted here a year or 2 ago. The footage of people pouring gas directly on a fire and then themselves becoming engulfed in flames was pretty funny. The fact that they would then turn around and sue this company is truly unbelievable. Stories like this make me hate Americans.

http://stateimpact.npr.org/oklahoma/2012/07/09/why-the-largest-maker-of-portable-gas-cans-is-going-out-of-business/

But it not just Americans, stupid is worldwide.

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!