What I Got Today!

Brac

• Moderators

Out for delivery, I love those words.

Not audio :( but something I needed, a ceiling fan to match the other I put a few weeks ago in the garden shelter/bar area outside.

Just put this here because this is the second fan I ordered from this place in a few weeks and they are great do deal with, no surprises good prices and they ship fast and free. They beat my local price by $60, I like to by local but not at that cost.

http://www.delmarfans.com/hunter-ceiling-fans/bridgeport/53126/?utm_expid=6814613-47.bQR7ZR3US2-wATVdqH7_Cg.0

• Like 1

Those look fancy, :emotion-21: I don't know anything about headphones but I do know I like the over the ears better than in ear.

In ear makes me paranoid, the only ones that sound right to me are when they seal inside the ear and that causes noise cancel, which does not allow one to hear the surrounding environment very well. and they make my ears itch

Over ear sound great, and to date my main complaint would be hot ears (that's why they invented air conditioning)

I still miss speakers, but I have to admit a headphone rig is tons cheaper, tons easier to move, takes up way way less real estate and headphones offer a substantial edge in detail and clarity, the biggest hurdle for me was you don't get the gut wrenching bass and the expansive soundstage

The newer ortho's out now like the hifi man and audeze, etc.... offer some really nice detailed bass and, sub bass

There is a headphone for every occasion these days. I like in ear if they are CIEM's and have a mic'd control cord cable. Once you get custom fits it's like impossible to go back to plain in-ear models though :o Love your new HiFi-Mans Joe :) This is my latest aquisition from JDS labs (CMOY BB V2.03), had it specially built to drive the AKG 702's :D

post-16574-0-00500000-1399665490_thumb.j

• Moderators
.a stiff neck from varnishing some (14) bar stools.
Wow, 14.... I'll bet there's room for me someday.... I'm a great guest... :D

Well the second fan was delivered so between rain storms I took a pic before putting it up, the music is playing already, just waiting for everyone to show up, or music to put a fan up by either way.

post-9700-0-74060000-1399666210_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Well the second fan was delivered so between rain storms I took a pic before putting it up, the music is playing already, just waiting for everyone to show up, or music to put a fan up by either way.

Nice... indeed....

Guest Steven1963

I got two small light bulbs to light up the meters on my DBX BX3 amp that I bought on Ebay, from Radio Shack today, for $2.49. Sometimes it's the little things that make me happy. :)

• Moderators
I still miss speakers, but I have to admit a headphone rig is tons cheaper, tons easier to move, takes up way way less real estate and headphones offer a substantial edge in detail and clarity, the biggest hurdle for me was you don't get the gut wrenching bass and the expansive soundstage

Besides all that you can listen without disturbing anyone, or them even knowing while eliminating almost all other noises including room problems, not even counting like you said the detail and clarity.

Nice... indeed....

Yes that's an awesome entertainment spot.

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!