What I Got Today!

Brac

hahahahahaha you got me there....heck i havnt even met the guy...im gonna puke....no offense dtel lol im usually keen on my wording not to get myself into this type of situation....

I BETTER STOP RIGHT HERE LOL im actually not kidding. i have no idea what you are talking about...sounds cool dtel! congratulations!!

• Moderators

UHhhh Eldon,

When Mark says he is fairly familiar with your "unit", just how familiar is he, and does Kristy know about this?? :wacko:

Roger

Well believe me if there was anything special to know I would be posting pics. :o

Ok not really, but that's funny, and I don't tell on the first date anyway, Ok that's probably a lie but with a Christy were talking about different types of units anyway I am specific when it choosing units.

I was wanting something outside since we changed/redid the garden, we had two ponds with a waterfall at the top, I filled them in and totally changed the whole garden.

I put a small pond in along a new shelter area and wanted some water moving, so (don't laugh) I am going to run 1" PVC along the top of the roof, it's going to run off back into the pond as if were raining off of a 24' long roof.

I don't know why really ? :unsure::lol:

It works :D but I still don't know why I did it.

• Like 1

A submersible water pump, 2600 GPH with a lift of 26' (but not at that gph).

It's for a "water feature" as they call it these days, but you won't believe how it's going to be used so after I get some pics I will explain, it's very unusual to say the least. Why would expect anything less ? :blink:

Is it possible to hook up a "garden hose" to a unit like this? I have a barrel that I use to catch water coming off the roof. I'm trying to set up a way to pump the water out to use with a sprinkler to a sprayer.

Technically "I" didn't get this "today" but it was a great score. My brother is visiting from out of town. He's staying at my house as he's working here locally. About 3 weeks ago he got his first pair of Lascalas. I had him disconnect the tiny center channel and run a phantom center channel till we could find him something more appropriate. Yesterday I located and bought an Academy for him. It's black and minty mcmint mint, virtually perfect. It set him back $100.00. Not too shabby.

• Like 3

• Moderators
Is it possible to hook up a "garden hose" to a unit like this? I have a barrel that I use to catch water coming off the roof. I'm trying to set up a way to pump the water out to use with a sprinkler to a sprayer.

I think it could be hooked up to a garden hose, just not sure with that size hose it would be enough pressure to run a sprinkler ?

I think they make pumps just for that, I remember seeing them.

I think it could be hooked up to a garden hose, just not sure with that size hose it would be enough pressure to run a sprinkler ?

I have a waterbed drain pump that works wonders and fits stand garden hoes hose. In order to not kill off some pressure "lifting" from the barrel put a bib in the side at bottom.

Edited by USNRET

I have a waterbed drain pump that works wonders and fits stand garden hoes hose. In order to not kill off some pressure "lifting" from the barrel put a bib in the side at bottom.

This sounds like a workable idea..... I'll check into it. Thanks for the idea....

I take a 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon in my oats every morning and stopped taking two different BP medications. Lost all the side effects and BP is excellent cheaper than meds and better for you. I also take a 1/2 tsp of tumeric every day in place of statin medications and my cholesterol levels are also excellent. Talk to your Dr. see if he/she is flexible to alternates. If they work for you they are MUCH safer in the long run than any medications. Stay well best regards Moray James.

• Like 1

If the plastic can were not bad enough a while back some genius decide to eliminate the little vent cap so now it takes 5 times as long to pour 5 gallons.
I poured in 10 gals. of gas into my mower today, for the first time. I'm not sure why, but the gas came out fast enough without the need for a vent cap. Not sure why...... Also, did not spill a drop btw...

I (as a miner) know pumps, Ebay my man, that is the place to shop everything pumps.

I got a few things but im not gonna share...i'l kinda sounds like bragging although im happy...

I kinda dont like to get new stuff anymore cause it dont matter if its a new razor set or a car i cant sleep lol

I do like seeing what others get...

I have a 3/4hp thomas suction/pump iv had for a few years...they are quite valuable...whats funny is i have it sitting in the back of my cheap little old pickup and its worth more than the pickup...i have a cover over it but for a year i left it out in the elements and nobody ever stole it lol kind of funny to me cause i see the smaller thomas pumps go for $1500. The one i have is a 12v pumping maniac lol quite heavy too....

I used to have seve4ral other pumps that are similar although not bsame quality yet very expensive that were used for fresh air respirator systems in paint booths...they all look the same but thomas is about top of the line...also used for air horns and air bags on fleet vehicles and cars although you can get by with much smaller with a car compared to a school bus or 40+ ft rv....

I also use to use mine in my old truck with a setup with 3 marine delco batteries to body work and paint on site a few years ago...things a little champ lol iv had some good offers for that setup lol people need imagination to rig up stuff but things are farely easy if ya keep your ears peeled, or mind open lol

I'm not sure why, but the gas came out fast enough without the need for a vent cap.

More than likely vents to the INside of the can.

That's what I was thinking since the pour/fill opening is larger than most I've seen....

• Moderators
I'm not sure why, but the gas came out fast enough without the need for a vent cap.

More than likely vents to the INside of the can.

That's what I was thinking since the pour/fill opening is larger than most I've seen....

Yep the technology was just fine before the fixed it !

Nice gas can Boxx, I had one many years ago, they last a long time.

My little tractor only holds 5 gallons when it says it's on E, with the new plastic cans without the vert it takes so long to pour I just put the spout in the filler and set the container on the front end loader arms and walk away, and come back in a few minutes to hold it up to empty the last of the diesel out, it's crazy it's so slow.

If the plastic can were not bad enough a while back some genius decide to eliminate the little vent cap so now it takes 5 times as long to pour 5 gallons.
I poured in 10 gals. of gas into my mower today, for the first time. I'm not sure why, but the gas came out fast enough without the need for a vent cap. Not sure why...... Also, did not spill a drop btw...

Ah ha...I see...Boxx got to use his new can...thats awsome!

Man i lost my 3 good old style gas cans thru my divorce a couple years ago...iv been looking ever since...the ones at every store have that dang safety contraption on them...im stupid and not gonna try one of them again...I miss having my old cans...these new ones suck...literally...I know for sure they dont pour

I take a 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon in my oats every morning and stopped taking two different BP medications. Lost all the side effects and BP is excellent cheaper than meds and better for you. I also take a 1/2 tsp of tumeric every day in place of statin medications and my cholesterol levels are also excellent. Talk to your Dr. see if he/she is flexible to alternates. If they work for you they are MUCH safer in the long run than any medications. Stay well best regards Moray James.

Wow. As a guy who takes two BP meds myself, it would be great if I could substitute two meds for food and cinnamon.

It sounds like you do a good job of regularly checking you cholesterol levels as well. Do you have a good BP machine, and do you track your BP every day? I bought a good one which can track am and pm readings, and it can output the results to a computer. I don't do that, but the capability is there.

Make sure you stay well, Moray. :emotion-21:

• Like 1

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!