What I Got Today!

Brac

Another "alignment" by the chiropractor; another 20 scheduled. Another day spent shopping for a new car stereo but so far local prices are double internet.

What do you guys think of Focal amps and speakers?
2003 Silverado SS with factory 6 disc changer (broken for last 6 years, listening to radio only) with the B-word system from factory. I am thinking Kenwood DPX500BT for the head unit.
Build me one with one sub for less than $2k for parts......

Installers here want just shy of $800 for the install. Front/rear doors and tweeters in the factory pillar location, two amps and included is $300 for a sub box build. I think I could do that in the garage for $50-75 with carpet.

Here's what I got for a free upgrade:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3804923274

My old cable/internet bundle was 15 Mbps down, and 1.5 up.  A week ago our local Suddenlink was upgraded to 50/5 because the Suddenlink finally got DOCSIS 3 equipment.  My costs are $106 month for the bundle (basic cable, about 100 channels) and I think the internet part is about $40.

Thanks to some conversations with Mustang Guy, I did some checking and it looks like new users get the same deal for $80 that I as an established customer have to pay $106.  Hmmm.   :angry:

We have Comcast, and only had internet at the last residence. When we moved last Nov., a guy called and said they would consider us a new customer and give us basic digital and internet for $39 a month for a year. I added $10 for HD and they gave me a DOCSIS 3 modem, so we are getting 50Mit speed. When the year is over, I will pay more but go with our fiber to the house local ISP, who provides gigabit to the house. Their service it superb.

Bruce

• Moderators
A new cart at half price do to a paint defect

Looks good, paint over that spot yourself, it will be easy to spot yours to identify if needed. :lol: Almost looks galvanized underneath or some kind of primer ?  Good deal imo

Looks good, paint over that spot yourself, it will be easy to spot yours to identify if needed. :lol: Almost looks galvanized underneath or some kind of primer ? Good deal imo

Kinda of what I did, if you look at the side rails they are a textured black. Like spray on bed liner. So that is what I did with a rattle can of spray on bed liner

b4c5ae1a56eac34d9de12fb2eb8cefe1.jpg

I didn't sand it well enough, so the spot is still there. But hay at least it's protected.

Looks good, paint over that spot yourself, it will be easy to spot yours to identify if needed. :lol: Almost looks galvanized underneath or some kind of primer ? Good deal imo

Kinda of what I did, if you look at the side rails they are a textured black. Like spray on bed liner. So that is what I did with a rattle can of spray on bed liner

b4c5ae1a56eac34d9de12fb2eb8cefe1.jpg

I didn't sand it well enough, so the spot is still there. But hay at least it's protected.

If you're painting galvanized steel, you should apply vinegar first as a primer, according to Rick Dale on American Restoration!

• Like 1

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!