SORRY FOLKS

BigStewMan

i was doing some self-examination today and realized that over the past decade on the forum, i’ve often made fun of my past life of drug abuse. It was meant just to relay what i thought were humorous stories; but, today i realized that what i meant for humor, could possibly have invoked painful memories of someone reading my posts that has either suffered in drug addiction or experienced some sort of tragedy related to it -- some that are unable to find any humor in that subject. That was NEVER my intent and i hope it didn’t cause any of you any painful memories.

I’m going to try hard to refrain from that subject in the future lest I have to ban myself.

Despite the dark road that i willingly travelled, all that stuff is in the past and i’m not that bad a guy; and as a Christian man i should have known better than to risk bringing up painful memories to any of you. 

So, I hope you all will forgive me for making light of something that has permanently affected my life in a VERY negative way; although it is your lives that i’m concerned with now.

Okay, you are now returned to your regularly scheduled broadcast.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i was doing some self-examination today and realized that over the past decade on the forum, i’ve often made fun of my past life of drug abuse. It was meant just to relay what i thought were humorous stories; but, today i realized that what i meant for humor, could possibly have invoked painful memories of someone reading my posts that has either suffered in drug addiction or experienced some sort of tragedy related to it -- some that are unable to find any humor in that subject. That was NEVER my intent and i hope it didn’t cause any of you any painful memories.

I’m going to try hard to refrain from that subject in the future lest I have to ban myself.

Despite the dark road that i willingly travelled, all that stuff is in the past and i’m not that bad a guy; and as a Christian man i should have known better than to risk bringing up painful memories to any of you. 

So, I hope you all will forgive me for making light of something that has permanently affected my life in a VERY negative way; although it is your lives that i’m concerned with now.

Okay, you are now returned to your regularly scheduled broadcast.

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

Nobody complained about me (that I’m aware of) ... merely had an epiphany of how my behavior may impact others lives. If that wussified then so be it, i can own that too; but, thanks for the acceptance.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I have never taken anything you have said about this subject as you recommending or doing anything more than talking about the past.

No reason to think anything else, don't worry about it.

You also got ran over by a truck, didn't take that as something to try either. :huh:

Your good

Had to edit this; as far as I can remember the most offending thing you have done so far was to use black lines with white letters, hard to read.  :wacko:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dtel said:

I have never taken anything you have said about this subject as you recommending or doing anything more than talking about the past.

No reason to think anything else, don't worry about it.

You also got ran over by a truck, didn't take that as something to try either. :huh:

Your good

Had to edit this; as far as I can remember the most offending thing you have done so far was to use black lines with white letters, hard to read.  :wacko:

it sorta reminds me of this

Roger_Waters_-_Is_This_the_Life_We_Really_Want-_(Artwork).jpg

I thought The Confessional was open from 3-7 on Friday afternoons.

No worries Big Stew, I don't think there is anyone in this country who has not been effected by the scourge of alcoholism, drug addiction or any other permutation of addiction. Your stories are a way of unburdeing yourself of your past transgressions. They allow us a peek into your soul and from where I stand, and on behalf of the forum, I say it is all good. Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RT FAN said:

I thought The Confessional was open from 3-7 on Friday afternoons.

No worries Big Stew, I don't think there is anyone in this country who has not been effected by the scourge of alcoholism, drug addiction or any other permutation of addiction. Your stories are a way of unburdeing yourself of your past transgressions. They allow us a peek into your soul and from where I stand, and on behalf of the forum, I say it is all good. Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone.

I'll drink to that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My take, if anyone wants it @BigStewMan :

If you can go through all the bad stuff you've experienced then recall it with a grin or turn it into humor... Haven't you conquered it? Congrats.

Yea I've got physical and emotional scars from my "past" life, sometimes makes me a grouch to live with. I've quit caring... so I tell myself, but I have not. Just a self imposed tough hide that isn't sometimes. It's still suc#s sometimes because I don't always handle my sh*t well.

That's why I'm telling you if you want to be tough on yourself today, go for it...... but don't wallow. Looks like you're trying to improve yourself. 

"Peace & Prosperity" to you

Steps 4 through 6 are powerful tools, I just copped a new addiction: coffee

• Like 3

Don't beat yourself up Steve . . . that's our job.

IMO, your honesty outweighs any danger that your humor might offend someone.  IMO, it's almost never too soon for humor to defuse a negative situation.  Without humor it would be difficult to face the fact that I'm 0-2 trying to rescue addicts in my life.  This halloween marks 3 years since my older sister lost a very long and destructive battle with vodka.  Shortly before that a college friend lost a similar battle.  Both had new grandchildren and many reasons to sober up to face and enjoy life.  Addiction is a powerful foe.

I prefer sober recovering addicts with all their flaws to their unsuccessful counterparts.  Your success can be both an inspiration and a warning to others.  Don't try to be perfect, just be yourself.  In the unlikely event you get out of line, we're her for you . . . we'll slap you back to reality.;) 

• Like 1

Thanks.  This isn’t a case of me beating myself up. 

Last thing i want is to tell some stupid story and then Neil is stuck remembering the loss of his sister and his friend.  That would suck and that’s what i meant by all of this. Just trying to think of the emotional well-being of others. My stories aren’t that funny, definitely not worth making the hearer deal with bad memories.  I just don’t want to bring a negative to someone.

• Like 1