WX: We don't do this down here!

USNRET

4 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Y'all aren't used to driving in snow,

Oh, I have spent some time in that. My Silverado SS is AWD; I B Good

LOOK OUT FOR THE OTHER GUYS
My plan is to watch them on the news if I can avoid going out but I do need to slip out to UPS for a shipment of stereo goodness.

• Like 2

Currently 25 degrees.  was 14 yesterday morning ( at 7am according to the nurse at my doctor’s office), when i checked the weather channel at 0830, it was 19 degrees.

No snow and none in the forecast for the next 10 days at least.

But, i agree with Carl ... stupid cold weather.  I could have stayed in SoCal and been on fire.

• Like 2

and this is why I DO NOT UNDERSTAND education these days; WTF, how does 4th come before 3rd? No, this is not a formatting error I received the email in this fashion.

Due to the delayed start of school, Flour Bluff High School will follow the schedule below for Friday, December 8, 2017.

FBHS Bell Schedule

Late Start 12/8/2017

10:10 – 10:42 a.m.                         Advisory/Tutorials

10:47 – 11:21 a.m.                         1st Period

11:26 – 12:00 p.m.                         2nd Period

12:05 –  1:39 p.m.                          4th Period

1:44  –  2:18 p.m.                           3rd Period

2:23 – 2:57 p.m.                             5th  Period

3:02 – 3:36 p.m.                             6th Period

3:41 – 4:10 p.m.                             7th Period

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, USNRET said:

and this is why I DO NOT UNDERSTAND education these days; WTF, how does 4th come before 3rd? No, this is not a formatting error I received the email in this fashion.

Due to the delayed start of school, Flour Bluff High School will follow the schedule below for Friday, December 8, 2017.

FBHS Bell Schedule

Late Start 12/8/2017

10:10 – 10:42 a.m.                         Advisory/Tutorials

10:47 – 11:21 a.m.                         1st Period

11:26 – 12:00 p.m.                         2nd Period

12:05 –  1:39 p.m.                          4th Period

1:44  –  2:18 p.m.                           3rd Period

2:23 – 2:57 p.m.                             5th  Period

3:02 – 3:36 p.m.                             6th Period

3:41 – 4:10 p.m.                             7th Period

4th period is lunch and they are keeping it at same time as usual?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

That white crap is everywhere this morning.  

But isn't it beautiful?

Seriously....be careful out there, especially with drivers not used to the stuff. My FIL told me a story about a town in Texas dealing with snow years ago. The local DOT didn't know exactly what to do, so they spread P-gravel on the streets!  The gravel provided traction, but the local body shops made out well afterwards.

• Like 2

In my aggressive days I installed 4 studded Mohawk snow tires (4 rows on each tire) on my 1979 Corvette and it made such a difference at 70 mph on the snow covered turnpike I was impressed with myself. The snow tires on the front corrected the braking (90 percent braking  is on the front wheels) and stability problems. The vehicle was so solid in the road feel that at

50 mph I would floor the accelerator to break the rear wheels loose (no traffic) and it would correct it self immediately which was impressive.  On solid glare ice I could hear the studs digging into the ice and had some control rather than none. Sometimes I wonder why I did this stuff.

JJK

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

In my aggressive days I installed 4 studded Mohawk snow tires (4 rows on each tire) on my 1979 Corvette and it made such a difference at 70 mph on the snow covered turnpike I was impressed with myself. The snow tires on the front corrected the braking (90 percent braking  is on the front wheels) and stability problems. The vehicle was so solid in the road feel that at

50 mph I would floor the accelerator to break the rear wheels loose (no traffic) and it would correct it self immediately which was impressive.  On solid glare ice I could hear the studs digging into the ice and had some control rather than none. Sometimes I wonder why I did this stuff.

JJK

You did it because it was fun!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

But isn't it beautiful?

Seriously....be careful out there, especially with drivers not used to the stuff. My FIL told me a story about a town in Texas dealing with snow years ago. The local DOT didn't know exactly what to do, so they spread P-gravel on the streets!  The gravel provided traction, but the local body shops made out well afterwards.

The roads never froze so it was like driving in the rain.  I think it was 34 outside when I left for work.

• Like 2

When someone that is not from North Carolina complains about the weather here, my usual response is "Welcome to North Carolina". We have some of the most inconsistant weather that I know of. I'm sure some of the guys from NC that are on this forum can vouch. Warm one day, cold the next. I must admit that winters are fairly mild compared to most, but a welcome break from the summer heat and humidity this state can produce.

just my 2

Big D

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Famous winter-time last words leading up to a phone call for a wrecker:  "I have a FOUR-WHEEL-DRIVE and can go ANYWHERE!"

Yep. Every first hard annual 6-8 inch snowfall around here. The freeway will be compact snow and glare ice, and the folks with be flying by at 70 plus with their AWD stud donned SUVs and pick-ups...only to end up upside down in the median strip a half mile down the road...