Just found this supplier and anti vibration pads

jimjimbo

Look, I'm certainly not proposing that these are going to change your audio life, nor do I expect that....simply an inexpensive modest preventative measure to mitigate maybe a small amount of what we all have in our listening environments. 

10 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Well, that's 50 each.....yes?

I was thinking about one piece covering all four feet.

Individuals under each foot spread the weight (still not enough in my situation)

I don't know if stacking on top of each other would add capacity????

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Tube preamps, tube amps, tube receivers.....even with SS, what does it hurt?

But it's really not about the heat, (although increased airflow is a bonus).

That make sense more airflow is better with any of it, and I wasn't thinking about the other things being tubed either. At that price it can not hurt, I have some strips of wood under some things to give more airflow.  I was very surprised how much heat came off of a satellite box I had under a BR player, also added some under some ss amps for the same reason.

15 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Look, I'm certainly not proposing that these are going to change your audio life, nor do I expect that....simply an inexpensive modest preventative measure to mitigate maybe a small amount of what we all have in our listening environments. 

-- and more good news from US Audiomart - 4x4" cable elevators cut from authentic west coast fir, trimmed 45 degree angles to cancel any standing waves from hideous straight cut risers. These will cancel any and all vibrations from speaker to floor that can be absorbed into the speaker cable. Thirty $$$ a pop. Can these change your audio life - ?!? 

• Haha 1

Jim, not to rain on your parade, ............

"Designed to withstand 50 psi. ......................... The cork is laminated between two corrugated pads. Ideal for air conditioners, compressors, cooling towers, presses, machines, etc." 

Great concept, but, ......  these things are designed for an operating load of 450 pounds each.  They will be quite stiff and thus capable of transmitting a great deal of vibration from the table to the component.  Probably the same as the feet of the component.  Look to see if the maker has something softer with a 5 or 10 psi rating. 

Sorbothane was once considered the gold standard, 40 db of isolation from 1/4".  How about 1/4" of Sorbothane between 2 pieces of 3mm birch plywood finished to match the furniture? 

https://www.amazon.com/Isolate-Sorbothane-Vibration-Isolation-Circular/dp/B0042U8P9C/ref=pd_sbs_328_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0042U8P9C&pd_rd_r=04XM2FD5VAQ7KVHY2ZTG&pd_rd_w=OmVUZ&pd_rd_wg=G2oWc&psc=1&refRID=04XM2FD5VAQ7KVHY2ZTG

• Like 1

17 hours ago, USNRET said:

I was thinking about one piece covering all four feet.

Individuals under each foot spread the weight (still not enough in my situation)

I don't know if stacking on top of each other would add capacity????

Stacking would add isolation.  Capacity requires more area to spread the load ( lower the stress).

explain "they work"?

I was getting sound from resonance on glass shelving through my TT. I put a pad under each foot. The isolation and vibration dampening provided made that noise go away. Because they are so inexpensive, I also threw a set under my CD changer. I bought enough for my other systems, too. I have not set them up yet. I apologize for not knowing better terminology to describe the hollow sound that I could hear resonating. It was similar to the change in sound I hear when putting a dust cover down on a TT while it’s playing (something I find undesirable).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk