Political Advertising ... sick of it?

Emile

Hi All,

Could not resist posting this ... I am sooo tired of all these political adds ... get 20 flyers in the mail each day ... plus at least 20 calls :(  Of course I'm in Florida, so it's probably worse here :(  The Senate races have spend about $90 million ... haha almost $5 per resident :(  

The political ads are 90% false :(  (I have quit giving any contributions ... but I guess they are getting their money "everywhere" :( )

How do we stop this "madness?"

Cheers, Emile

• Like 2

=== “how can we stop the madness”? That’s pretty funny. That horse is so far out and away from the barn to never be seen again. The very ones running for office would be the ones voting to curtail election spending. The same ones who say they will vote for term limitations. Yeah, right. This system is now so frustratingly broken  - I guess we live with the monster we somehow created — 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I early voted today.  The group of nice ladies who have done this for a hundred years were there, as usual.  They recognized me and called me by name.  :)  It took me about 5 minutes to vote.  I voted for a US Senator, a couple of state supreme court judges (all of the WV Supremes got impeached a few months ago), a couple of constitutional amendments and a school levy.

+++

Each of our US Senate candidates are accusing the other of either causing the opioid epidemic (a big problem in WV these days) or profiting by it.

Yes I'm ready for the political mud slinging ads to stop.  💩

• Like 2

IMG-20181029-220904.jpg

From my prized cartoon collection. I actually took a decent broom dipped it in the driveway sealant a couple of years ago and stole some feathers out of a stupid down throw pillow.

It's gone now, had to use it outside too many times.

They don't knock anymore but will leave fliers........

Some don't like my flags either. Either US or Gadsen.

How do I get rid of the jw's and the other ones on the bicycles?

Can't take the Remington out unless I'm gonna use it!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

I voted for a US Senator, a couple of state supreme court judges (all of the WV Supremes got impeached a few months ago), a couple of constitutional amendments and a school levy.

+++

Each of our US Senate candidates are accusing the other of either causing the opioid epidemic (a big problem in WV these days) or profiting by it.

Yes I'm ready for the political mud slinging ads to stop.  💩

You and I have disagreed amicably in the past and we both agree voting is important.....That said, I also hate the negative ads and I reminded my wife earlier that campaigning during and since the 2016 the rhetoric has gotten worse---I hope the old political adage "Negative Campaign Ads work," is disproven and Imo, in the Information Age that we live Words Matter and the people I am voting for are those that think before they speak.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Right.... the effort like inviting them in for coffee and if you know the bible well enough you can make them squirm by quoting it to them.

Last time that occurred here it held them off for a decade or two.

Cranked up Judas Priest before and the stayed on the front porch for at least ten minutes before leaving, and  I know they didn't like that.. faces don't lie `cept when playing cards.

Haven't cussed at them, though that might encourage.... coffee talked one trio (right after two 14 oz mugs) until they had to go once but that took fifteen minutes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

Right.... the effort like inviting them in for coffee and if you know the bible well enough you can make them squirm by quoting it to them.

Ha! I actually had this reputation back in the 90's and early 2000s when folks would joke that I would invite Jehovah's Witness in and I would inform them about the Dead Sea Scrolls and modern interpretation. :) Yep. Those were the days. 

• Haha 2