The Klipsch Audio Community
Arkytype

Stereophile review of Klipschorn

37 minutes ago, boom3 said:

which brings up the point...when is Klipsch going to offer  active electronics (including DSP) for the Heritage line?

you want to cost even more???

3 hours ago, boom3 said:

which brings up the point...when is Klipsch going to offer  active electronics (including DSP) for the Heritage line?

I think active DSP is a great idea. Your question is a good one, but do you remember the self-powered, active 2-way speaker that Klipsch exhibited at CES 2017 called The Fifteens.   Forum members praised its good looks and new treble horn, with most of the commenters saying they would prefer an old-fashion passive version.

18 hours ago, jdmccall said:

I too, was very disappointed in the STEREOPHILE review of the new Klipschorn; both in the listening review by AD and in JA's measurements.  AD's room was really not k-horn friendly and JA ran head-long into the difficulties of measuring a horn loaded loudspeaker designed for corner placement and relating those measurements to how the speaker is actually going to be used.  But I think that maybe the most surprising thing about the review, to me, was the low, reactive impedance graph.  Factor that into many user's preference to power their klipschorns with tubes and I have way more questions than I have answers.  When I had k-horns ('98-'03), I last powered them with the same Pioneer Elite VSX-55TXi a/v receiver I'm still using.  I don't know (but I doubt) that the combination caused any of the extreme frequency response variations I encountered, but now I wonder.  At the time I blamed it all on the room.

How did your Khorns sound compared to your JBLs and your Bose?  Did you run sweeps on any or all of them?