Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bosco-d-gama

Covid19 redux

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Well back from being out of power for a couple of days.  The rating of anything from China is as valid as the agency doing it. Reminds me of the last piece of equipment I bought from China which was supposed to be an "aircraft" quality ISO 9001 lathe. The splined shaft the gear cluster rode on twisted twice under heavy load and had to be replaced. Bits and pieces falling off all the time and no loctite anywhere. ISO 9001 parts are all interchangeable from one machine to the next except from China. Everything that had a keeper pin in it was hand drilled and fitted and each time one of those items broke you got a part with no hole and you had to try and mate to the other parts non spec hole. It was not cheap to buy and it was the last made in China thing I bought for my business.

 

  The ISO rating was meaningless and I still can't figure out how the USA let them do this. The Chinese gave themselves the rating and no one contested it.

Some folks buy for single use.  Some say if I have to buy 4 over the expected lifetime of use vs pay 4 times as much for made in USA or say Germany, that is a good trade off for them personally.  I find the frustration of using something for production that is unreliable totally negates any cost savings.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

 

 

I can honestly say I have been a nurse for over 20 years and I have been travel nursing for over 10 years and I have NEVER worked anywhere where they used nitrile gloves for C-Diff. It has always pissed me off that we used gloves that I could smell crap on my hands after removing them. I have attended dozens of meetings at deozens of hospitals and I have even attended meetings on C-Diff and I have NEVER heard anything pushed on any specific type of gloves. Rest assured that tomorow I will be seeing what I can google on this and passing it on to a lot of medical professionals.

 

Roger

 

We used green Nitrile gloves (expensive) at a chemical plant daily because they were totally resistant to the over 300 chemicals used in the plant which included acids and alkalines.

I will also say they are incredibly strong and rip resistant as we beat the living crap out of them in the  execution of equipment maintenance.

JJK

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Well back from being out of power for a couple of days.  The rating of anything from China is as valid as the agency doing it. Reminds me of the last piece of equipment I bought from China which was supposed to be an "aircraft" quality ISO 9001 lathe. The splined shaft the gear cluster rode on twisted twice under heavy load and had to be replaced. Bits and pieces falling off all the time and no loctite anywhere. ISO 9001 parts are all interchangeable from one machine to the next except from China. Everything that had a keeper pin in it was hand drilled and fitted and each time one of those items broke you got a part with no hole and you had to try and mate to the other parts non spec hole. It was not cheap to buy and it was the last made in China thing I bought for my business.

 

  The ISO rating was meaningless and I still can't figure out how the USA let them do this. The Chinese gave themselves the rating and no one contested it.

Our company was applying for the ISO 9003 rating (already had ISO 9002) as half the product was being shipped overseas and without an ISO  rating you were dead in the water. The specifications were very intrusive and checked every 6 months for exact adherence.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry about the double post, forum acting weird at this end today.

 

 I see Virginia is recalculating how they count the wuhan red death now. If a person is tested for it and shows positive one day that is one. If a couple of days later they still are testing positive, which I am pretty sure they will, it is counted as a new occurance so the same dude now turns into two "new" cases or maybe ten if they keep testing the same guy. They also promise to keep the lock down going as long as the increase in cases grows which of course under this new metric it will have to. Faceless and paid no matter what these govt officials have no regard or care for those whose lives are being destroyed needlessly. The anger against all this is really building around here.

 

  While in Nashville not wearing a face mask along with the vast majority of other citizens who see the fraud I go to Kroger's for some Gatorade. I see this funny solar powered thing in the parking lot. Up on a pole is a loud speaker and underneath a battery of cameras. What the heck I thought, is this thing? So I go over there and have a look and it say's "Life Sciences". Right. I know how long it takes to design, set up production and produce something like this and there is no way they did this social distancing copbot on the spur of the moment. I wonder if it uses facial recognition and writes you social distancing fines to be delivered by mail just like cameras at intersections do for traffic lights? After all it can take a picture of your license plate as you get in your car so why not? De Blasio would love these things for NYC as he takes a four vehicle caravan to Central Park to take a walk recently.

 

  I see today the guy who came up with this model the world was shut down over had to step down from his job. It seems as though he had a girlfriend he had to go see and considered the wuhan red death risk so low that he could ignore the social distancing he helped implement. Rules for thee but not for me.

 

  More and more I see this as purely just a way to take over a country that has resisted tyranny for some time and now is opening the door and allowing baseless fears to welcome the tyrant in. I think I have lost interest in this thread as you either see it or you don't. The pain of experience however is a great teacher. The problem is you can vote this stuff in but you have to fight your way back out and I doubt most will lift a finger to defend what was bequeathed to them. Great present for our children and grandchildren. We were afraid of nothing but propaganda and so we hid our heads in the sand and let the country go. Two days away from this was time to think and I am so grateful I am not living in a city.  We are killing more people, and indeed this country and the world, with effects of a spurious lockdown than the wuhan red death will ever get.

 

  Sun Tzu is a Chinese warlord who wrote a book "The Art Of War" many centuries ago and it is still taught in military schools today. Paraphrasing it in part It says the greatest victory is the one achieved by creating chaos in your enemies country to the point where they welcome a strongman in to fix the chaos. You never go back to the freedom you had when this is done.

 

   Sayings from Ben Franklin who was there when this country was started. Who knew WHY this country was started. I think more and more about how quickly many do not want to see past the ethos of the day to the results of the day.

 

 " Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

“It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.”
“Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech.”
“When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic.”
“I agree to this Constitution with all its faults, if they are such: because I think a General Government necessary for us, and there is no Form of Government but what may be a Blessing to the People if well-administred; and I believe farther that this is likely to be well administred for a Course of Years and can only end in Despotism as other Forms have done before it, when the People shall become so corrupted as to need Despotic Government, being incapable of any other.”
“Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters.”
“A nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins.”
 
  In truth I think if we give up the USA when we go the world will go and you will have little say in what you do, think, drive or eat or who you worship except that which you are allowed to. You will however be secure according to the allowable definition that day. What is going on today has so very little to do with a virus surrounded in fog and fiction.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dave A said:

 

 I see Virginia is recalculating how they count the wuhan red death now. If a person is tested for it and shows positive one day that is one. If a couple of days later they still are testing positive, which I am pretty sure they will, it is counted as a new occurance so the same dude now turns into two "new" cases or maybe ten if they keep testing the same guy. They also promise to keep the lock down going as long as the increase in cases grows which of course under this new metric it will have to. Faceless and paid no matter what these govt officials have no regard or care for those whose lives are being destroyed needlessly. The anger against all this is really building around here.

 

 

Goes to show we don't want to deal with reality.  We just want to justify our position, whoever we are.  Really really sorry that our officials will do this to KEEP EVERYONE SCAREDMakes it easier to keep everyone under their control and not fighting back if they are too scared of the possibilities, real or not....  We're going to have PTSD from just what our ELECTED officials feed us.  Do these dodos really think they can just continue to print money to keep everyone home?   Wait, the way they spend money I think I know the answer to that.

 

I can't figure out their thought processes other than they are quite dubious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Task force winding down.  That's a relief.  Just in time for golf season.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

Task force winding down.  That's a relief.  Just in time for golf season.  

Everyone is whining that it should be shut down.  Now that it is being shut down, everyone considers it dubious that they are shutting it down.  

 

No matter what is done, they will be some perspective that can be drummed up to make it wrong.  

 

Pretty bad we have to be divided and can't find common ground to actually get something done.  Even if there is some agreement, people are scared to agree because the fringes may make a mockery of it. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

Everyone is whining that it should be shut down.  Now that it is being shut down, everyone considers it dubious that they are shutting it down.  

Everyone?  Uh, no.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dave A said:

Reminds me of the last piece of equipment I bought from China which was supposed to be an "aircraft" quality ISO 9001 lathe.

Cincinnati was the machine tool capital of the world.... now look at us. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Faceless and paid no matter what these govt officials have no regard or care for those whose lives are being destroyed needlessly. The anger against all this is really building around here.

 

Most gooberment workers are on a work from home / keep getting paid orders. If everyone else is laid off and can't pay taxes, then the money is going to be owed by our children's children. What a mess they created. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

Everyone is whining that it should be shut down.  Now that it is being shut down, everyone considers it dubious that they are shutting it down.  

 

No matter what is done, they will be some perspective that can be drummed up to make it wrong.  

 

Pretty bad we have to be divided and can't find common ground to actually get something done.  Even if there is some agreement, people are scared to agree because the fringes may make a mockery of it. 


Well now, according the latest tweet, it’s going to continue indefinitely. Too bad our fringe administration is so divided that it can’t even agree with itself and actually get something done.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sputnik said:

Well now, according the latest tweet, it’s going to continue indefinitely. Too bad our fringe administration is so divided that it can’t even agree with itself and actually get something done.

Regardless of the direction, it will be wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Regardless of the direction, it will be wrong. 


It surely won’t be based on science or sound economics.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sputnik said:


It surely won’t be based on science or sound economics.

Many will see it that way, regardless of facts. Sure wish we could have continued rolling on the excellent economics that was in place 6 months ago. Some had so much hatred that they wanted it to crash, they got their wishes and still blame the one they still blindly hate.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

they got their wishes and still blame the one they still blindly hate

People pray for failure regardless of who it hurts up to and including themselves.  It's the old "cut off their nose to spite their face" scenario.  It's comical actually.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Regardless of the direction, it will be wrong. 

Very true.  As I just said earlier, nobody wants to concede and make this country work and to move forward because if it isn't your ideals, it is wrong.  Too many lies and there is no center anymore to hold it together and forge ahead.  They are really needed because of the necessity to keep grounded vs. hanging over cliffs on either side.  People forget about that.

 

BTW, here we go again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Many will see it that way, regardless of facts. Sure wish we could have continued rolling on the excellent economics that was in place 6 months ago. Some had so much hatred that they wanted it to crash, they got their wishes and still blame the one they still blindly hate.  


The “excellent economics” was a politically juiced bubbly froth and was bound to collapse at some point virus or not.

 

7 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

People pray for failure regardless of who it hurts up to and including themselves.  It's the old "cut off their nose to spite their face" scenario.  It's comical actually.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sputnik said:


The “excellent economics” was a politically juiced bubbly froth and was bound to collapse at some point virus or not.

 

 

Sputnik, let's see if we can divert this thread from political bashing that got the last thread shut down back to about the virus.

BTW, it doesn't matter if it collapses at some point.  You can't sustain that forever.  Even Rome fell.  It really matters how long it can be sustained. 

 

Sounds like you just don't want success and growth.  Your motivation?

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, sputnik said:


It surely won’t be based on science or sound economics.

Guess the rest of the world is doing the same thing since they all seem to be impacted about the same. Would you please curb your political proclivities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are going to see mental states crash and burn if something doesn't break so which way do you want to go, open up and have a chance or pray the govt doesn't run out of money before we have enough medicine or vaccines?  Oh wait, the govt. is out of money already and borrowing more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...