YouTube Spinning

Full Range

was listening to the radio and they said some band named Nickleback was the WORST band, then heard another radio show where nickelback was the butt of their jokes and they seemed to agree that they were a horrible band. I've never heard a song from them and now I'm afraid to ... what if I heard one of their songs and liked it -- oh my.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

was listening to the radio and they said some band named Nickleback was the WORST band, then heard another radio show where nickelback was the butt of their jokes and they seemed to agree that they were a horrible band. I've never heard a song from them and now I'm afraid to ... what if I heard one of their songs and liked it -- oh my.

..and I know why ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Animated gif in John Lennon collection by Michelle ❁

here you go

https://www.centralparknyc.org/locations/strawberry-fields

STRAWBERRY FIELDS

A fish-eye view of the mosaic at Strawberry Fields, seen in summer

Strawberry Fields is a living memorial to Beatles legend and peace activist John Lennon.

Featuring an elaborate mosaic bearing the word “Imagine”—a nod to the songwriter’s anthem of peace—the memorial is surrounded by benches and shaded by stately American elms, making it a tranquil spot for reflection.

Named after one of Lennon’s favorite songs, “Strawberry Fields Forever,” the memorial sits just across the street from the landmark Dakota apartment building, Lennon’s former home and the site of his tragic death in 1980. Like many Upper West Siders, Lennon would often enjoy walks in this very landscape.

Strawberry Fields was officially dedicated on October 9, 1985, the 45th anniversary of Lennon’s birth. His widow, Yoko Ono Lennon, worked with landscape architect Bruce Kelly and the Conservancy to create a memorial that represents Lennon’s legacy as a visionary of world peace. The Imagine mosaic, made by Italian craftsmen and gifted by the city of Naples, serves as a testament to Lennon’s global resonance.

A designated Quiet Zone in the Park, Strawberry Fields has also been endorsed as a Garden of Peace by 121 countries, whose names appear on a bronze plaque on the path leading to the memorial.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/29/2020 at 6:34 PM, BigStewMan said:

I didn't think they were awful for pop-rock, but I'll tell you what was.

Searching for Nicklebag and getting results about nickelback every time... polar opposites as bands go!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

@BigStewMan

Happy New Year, Steve! Got a while for the west coast... 45 more minutes and we'll have a toast, eat some food and go to sleep. Wife works an11 hr shift tomorrow...

Fish have been cooked (pic is before the skillet...) and everything else is ready...

20201231_223350~2.jpg

20201231_195703~2.jpg

• Like 3