YouTube Spinning

Full Range

7 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Get it John.  I'll visit you in the mountains and you can visit me at the beach.

Well five or six i've looked at since late Sept. are gone already. Criteria is under 1000 (one thousand) square feet on high ground and some distance between homes.

Cool, it would be better than visiting me here except for the 1400 sq ft and good restaurants around. and 74 is pretty near to there with only 300 red lights between us:lol:

I like it down there and Calabash, Ocracoke  and all that!

Edited by JohnJ
( )
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Full Range said:

I often see this Lotus parked in the building I work at 

It would lap up that road 

4CEFDC8D-E4CB-4A56-BF92-1871989D71C4.jpg

Agreed.  I went to a local autocross event a couple of years ago.  The best times were being set by modified Miatas and Corollas, then the Super Seven showed up.  It got around the course (including a short loop through a racing oval) several seconds faster than any other car.  Truly next level performance.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Can't believe I'm actually looking a place as west as can be in NC. Cold is hitting me worse lately but the high taxes, people hating my Stars And Stripes on the front of the house... f `em.

This looked good enough to put in with the others I'll visit when things are settled. Hope they could negotiate some. Boon-docks!

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/419-Fall-Creek-Meadows-Ln_Elk-Park_NC_28622_M95597-93700

* just played both of those in the vinyl thread before I packed up the analog!!

Man, a place like that would be at least $600-800,000 CAD here on Vancouver Island.  And in Picture 6, it almost looks like it already has a JubScala in one corner.  Looks like there could be some fine bargains there.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Well five or six i've looked at since late Sept. are gone already. Criteria is under 1000 (one thousand) square feet on high ground and some distance between homes.

Cool, it would be better than visiting me here except for the 1400 sq ft and good restaurants around. and 74 is pretty near to there with only 300 red lights between us:lol:

I like it down there and Calabash, Ocracoke  and all that!

Why hold out for under 1000 sq. ft.?  If you see a place that grabs you, even if it's not exactly conforming to your specs, grab it!  High ground and space from neighbours is great, but precise size is less important than condition.  Also, just like buying a used car or used speakers, you could look a long time for the exact thing you want and meantime miss out on something fine.  The good places will be seen for what they are and snapped up quickly.  Mind you, if you're willing to pay over local market prices, you could grab a slightly overpriced place that's been slow to sell, but is still a relative bargain to you.

Of course, you know your situation and requirements best, so please don't feel like I'm stating the obvious or talking down to you.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Islander said:

Of course, you know your situation and requirements best, so please don't feel like I'm stating the obvious or talking down to you.

I comprehend what you're saying man, it's cool.

For price you have to consider the context 816 sq feet is cheap to heat and cool. & clean - I hate cleaning, but I don't like it messy. Taxes away from any interstate corridor here are something I can handle. Internet?, bears? yep, groceries? store might be two miles away as a crow flies but ten taking the roads. Septic tank? only thing I know is I've always cleaned with bleach and that's a no no. My sobriety? probably not too good :wink: but the fortes or whatever pops up fully horn loaded in TN the next time would be MINE! 

That one presents well probably will be gone like other bookmarks I deleted but there will be more like this dream-house that I like.

This one could be customized but it's on the edge of a slight cliff!

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/22-Tanahee-Rdg_Murphy_NC_28906_M95383-16141

8 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

Maybe we could hang out sometime 

Your Scooby-do would blow the doors off my stock, heavy `16 Touring Accord even though it is a tight ride reminiscent of a good beamer! But we'll talk anyhow!

• Like 3

On 12/12/2020 at 8:19 PM, JohnJ said:

All the same to me. The four books are in a faux guilded box with elven symbols on the outside & Tolkien across the spine of the box.. Uncle gave that to me for my 13th I think birthday. I was tired at school for a few weeks, after the first chapter where the groundwork was laid out I'd read hundreds of pages a night.

My mom gave me a set in the early '60s. Ruined my grades, and I saw the sun come up a lot.

• Like 2