Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

Just now, Thaddeus Smith said:

Mine, however, is not Thaddeus.

NO ... I feel like my virtual life here has all been a lie.  What next ... you're gonna say that you a "Michael?"   As long as you don't like Fleetwood Mac or Bruce Springsteen you're still good with me. 

okay, enquiring minds want to know ... is Thaddeus Smith a real person or did you just make up those names?

• Haha 1

• Moderators

Well if you did not have enough to watch out for there will be some bad weather across the Midwest.

Today there was a tornado in Jonesboro, Arkansas, Forum member Andy HDBRbuilder was coming out of a store and his phone went off when he looked up he could see the tornado a couple miles away. I have never seen one myself, which I am perfectly fine with.

https://www.fox8live.com/2020/03/29/mayor-citywide-curfew-pm-after-tornado-hits-jonesboro-ark-damaging-multiple-businesses-mall-homes/

14 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

This. I wanted my online pseudonym to have a certain Great Gatsby aura to it.

they say that Gatsby's personality was nothing short or gorgeous. 

Years ago, my pseudonym was Jonny Chow -- Vegas lounge performer. You have to give the pointy finger salute from that bartender in the show Love Boat when you say Jonny Chow. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dtel said:

Exactly, go read the last news on what happened just this year with the flu.  I am not trying to say this is not bad, but facts are facts, excluding a panicky mode at the moment, especially from mainstream news. 

Yes of course do take it serious and be smart about it because it always is terrible when people start to die. 

This is from the CDC

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

38,000,000 – 54,000,000
flu illnesses

400,000 – 730,000
flu hospitalizations

18,000,000 – 26,000,000
flu medical visits

24,000 – 62,000
flu deaths

In Europe we heard the same early on: it 's just a flu....

Well it is not: no-one has antibodies, there is no vaccine, there is no cure. When you get it, your survival depends on your general health, your luck and if ventilators and medical personnel are available to help you breathe. 

Some politicians spread disinformation because the want to save the economy rather than people....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Will he be claiming Spain is inflating their numbers too? 

It is real though the whole thing is sad when you really look at it and wonder who has what to gain.  Why battlefield tactics are not used among other things.  The deaths are needed, real or fabricated, to allow the propping up of the pandemic and people's positions.  Using that for gain and pork in the funding/bills.  Sad.......

When you look at it behind the curtain and the fact that we can't push a bill through quickly without arguing over pork (I guess peoples lives really aren't at risk or no one in power really cares except for their agenda), it is just smart to be skeptical

6 minutes ago, ILI said:

Reported this, shu. It is fake news, loaded with ads and disrespectful to the healthcare workers around the world risking their lives. 

Another playing to an agenda. 

You have to wonder, where are the facts.  Everyone has reduced this to pushing an agenda.. So bad you can't find the facts because everyone needs to put their own spin on it for their gain. 

Do the testing, publish the facts, and attack it like you were on a battlefield vs. it takes 2yrs for a vaccine and dismissing some information published because it doesn't fit the narrative.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

where are the facts

The Netherlands have quit their herd immunity already, just like the British. They are crying for ventilators now, and masks.... 

The Swedes are the only walking that path now in Europe. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, ILI said:

The Netherlands have quit their Herd immunity already, just like the British. They are crying for ventilated now, and masks.... 

The Swedes are the only walking that path now in Europe. 

That isn't fixing the folks that want this to drag out forever and dismiss possible therapies.  This will occur in waves, each time we come out of our homes until we all either develop an immunity or are no longer here.  We need to attack it with unorthodox means otherwise it will drag on for years and we just prolong the inevitable. 

In Northern Italy, a soccer match with 40,000 in the public spread the virus to all the corners of Lombardy. 

Spain's government is responsible for the disaster there: due to the financial crisis of 2008, the healthcare system has been underfunded and understaffed for many years. Spanish nurses and dentists have come to work in Belgium because they can't find a job in Spain... https://www.politico.eu/article/in-spain-austerity-legacy-cripples-coronavirus-fight/

3 minutes ago, ILI said:

In Northern Italy, a soccer match with 40,000 in the public spread the virus to all the corners of Lombardy. 

Spain's government is responsible for the disaster there: due to the financial crisis of 2008, the healthcare system has been underfunded and understaffed for many years. Spanish nurses and dentists have come to work in Belgium because they can't find a job in Spain... 

Sounds like some cities in the US.  Underfunded for other reasons even though the taxes are so high.

35 minutes ago, ILI said:

One position.  If people would put down their biases, trying to answer and suggest answers for only their questions, and start acting like we are at war and we need an answer NOW, not 2yrs from now after 300 double blind test and 20 revisions of the documents they want to publish, then I would have more faith.  Until then, ye of little faith.

1 hour ago, pzannucci said:

The deaths are needed, real or fabricated, to allow the propping up of the pandemic and people's positions.  Using that for gain and pork in the funding/bills.

I'm not convinced of that.

no one in power really cares except for their agenda

yes

This will occur in waves, each time we come out of our homes until we all either develop an immunity or are no longer here. 

Either dead or have had it, that's how the Spanish Flu ended. 

We need to attack it with unorthodox means otherwise it will drag on for years and we just prolong the inevitable. 

This is more than likely it. We do have a lot better understanding and medical developments, so maybe they will come up with something. 

• Like 1