Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

Alex Trebec, $9.99 per month. On all the time.

JJK

1 hour ago, MyOwn said:

Have you seen a decline in life insurance advertisement in your area?

It makes no difference, with the Alex Trebec type policies within 2 years all you do is get your premiums back. But after 2 years they even cover suicide., but are not usually large policies, it's a set price per few thousand in coverage. And most of the time it's a GAP policy, guaranteed acceptance policy.

• Like 1

During the polio epidemics they’d often set up 2 or more folks on a variety of ventilators. But polio is not covid19 and polio did not result in critically sick lungs. Polio paralyzed the muscles of respiration and supporting normal lungs mechanically is a ton easier. 

These people are so sick and their lungs.......    well you saw the video. With lungs that sick you need to approach each patient individually and you must stay ahead of the curve. It is not a simple matter of hooking them up to a machine and you’re done. If you try using one machine to support 2 patients you totally sacrifice care for both of them. If ever used it would only be for a very short term.

And yes they made ventilators for all sorts of veterinarian applications. But unless it was for a truly exotic creature the machine was made for humans and just used for animal. I know of a ventilator that could ventilate a mouse or an elephant..... and most anything in between. Exotic vents were made for aquatic mammals that offered some unique challenges. Oh they were always used for anesthesia and for short term applications.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

Only scared my beach vacation may be postponed...

I'm so confused , they are reopening the beaches after 1 week . Let's see tomorrow is Saturday and will be sunny and close to 90f . Think that might draw some crowd issues ? It's like aww F-it lets see what happens .

https://www.live5news.com/2020/03/27/city-folly-beach-lifts-checkpoints-restrictions-island-following-ag-statement/

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Seadog said:

Since it is international whiskey day I'm having a dram of Old Pultney whisky and I'll follow that with a shot of Buffalo Trace.

I had some Bulleit barrel strength and Knob Creek 12 year this evening. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sunburnwilly said:

I'm so confused , they are reopening the beaches after 1 week . Let's see tomorrow is Saturday and will be sunny and close to 90f . Think that might draw some crowd issues ? It's like aww F-it lets see what happens .

https://www.live5news.com/2020/03/27/city-folly-beach-lifts-checkpoints-restrictions-island-following-ag-statement/

What'sthe matter with those people making decisions? 

21 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Yep, and guess why....I'll leave it up to you to figure it out.

We are very liberal in our thoughts. We flip the bird to anything with authority. There was no way for any head of state to get the doubters to shut down any or all of the states.  Trump has tried to have better border control than other presidents, but he is labeled a racists and or a hater.  We, here in the US, are stupid and myopic.  

• Like 1