Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

2 minutes ago, NADman said:

I really want a head of iceberg lettuce. Wash each leaf with - Purell - soap - vodka, or??

Think I'll just drink the vodka, wash my hands and watch Benny Hill.

I knwo you are kidding but but it is probably safe.  Clean it with bleach water or just soap and water and store in your fridge.  The longer the better, but when you want some, just peel the outer layer and enjoy. 

I hate iceberg lettuce so I am jealous of you.  I love red romaine lettuce salads but I'd have to do what you say above so forget it.  My digestive tract is going to be pissed at me for a while. 

I hope the CDC or WHO [insert your joke here] comes back and definitively tell us that the virus can only last 72 hours at 39 degrees.  That will make this so much easier.  Buy food, throw it in a drawer and enjoy three days later. 

24 minutes ago, NADman said:

I really want a head of iceberg lettuce. Wash each leaf with - Purell - soap - vodka, or??

Think I'll just drink the vodka, wash my hands and watch Benny Hill.

Going to stir fry and boil for St. Patrick's...Yes on the rest. .; )

1 minute ago, billybob said:

Thinking about a takeout pizza...

At the CVS yesterday I was in the checkout line with this young man who was telling me about how he worked at a pizza place.  He said this situation has made them busier than usual because people are ordering in.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, billybob said:

Maybe trending down on chart.

no testing and not entirely data

yet to know ...

it is not trending down.  These are daily reported cases from test results.  Expect that sucker to keep rising as more testing is finally done. 

Also, do not expect the roll off, when it occurs, to be like China as for all of the faults of their government (I would not chose to live there) they have the ability to impose serious restrictions (welding people in their apartments - WTF?) that we cannot do (I hope).  That is the price for our additional freedoms over China. 

Hopefully the serious measures that are being taken now will have a similar effect...hopefully.

At least we have one place that we can point to and say Really??? 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/13/herd-immunity-will-the-uks-coronavirus-strategy-work

"It relies on people getting the disease – in this case Covid-19 – and becoming immune as a result. Generally it is thought that those who recover will be immune, at least for now, so they won’t get it twice."

This is called the 'do nothing option' and means that a 1% death rate is acceptable.  😰  I really hope that I do not understand what they are doing and I have this all wrong.  And if this is their method, if we are to have a travel ban, we will need a travel ban on England more than mainland Europe. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

it is not trending down.  These are daily reported cases from test results.  Expect that sucker to keep rising as more testing is finally done. 

Also, do not expect the roll off, when it occurs, to be like China as for all of the faults of their government (I would not chose to live there) they have the ability to impose serious restrictions (welding people in their apartments - WTF?) that we cannot do (I hope).  That is the price for our additional freedoms over China. 

Hopefully the serious measures that are being taken now will have a similar effect...hopefully.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/13/herd-immunity-will-the-uks-coronavirus-strategy-work

"It relies on people getting the disease – in this case Covid-19 – and becoming immune as a result. Generally it is thought that those who recover will be immune, at least for now, so they won’t get it twice."

This is called the 'do nothing option' and means that a 1% death rate is acceptable.  😰  I really hope that I do not understand what they are doing and I have this all wrong.  And if this is their method, if we are to have a travel ban, we will need a travel ban on England more than mainland Europe. 

We have one.  See today's news.  Unbelievable I know, but vetted news outlets have reported the truth about the latest travel restrictions.  As for England, yes please let's wipe them out as much as possible.  Cnuts.  One and all.

2 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I wear glasses and will look again... finally getting some metrics can attempt to hang my cap on .. thanks