Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

4 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

exactly.  I've come to the conclusion that we just can't isolate ourselves from the outside world.  Despite being cautious when I was grocery shopping yesterday, sanitized by hands, the cart, etc... I grab a bottle of vitamin water that I purchased and realize that the cashier handled EVERYTHING that I purchased, and she had touched everything that every customer ahead of me had handled. Are we supposed to rinse everything off when we get home -- would that even be effective?  there is a point where we just have to pray that whoever handled things before us was clear. 

So, I get to the point where the cross my fingers method is the only thing left to do.

Unfortunately, yes.  As much as you can and you WILL make mistakes. 

We keep cleaning everything when we bring it home with bleach and water.  A real PITA and makes us cranky.  Other items not needed, stacked on cardboard and put a paper with a date on it.  -- I really want some definitive information on how long this really lasts on surfaces, on fruit, clothes, etc.  Old Corona-viruses is about 5 to 9 days.  I have heard 72 hours for this one, but nobody is sure, which would be a gift at this point as fruit can make it that long

We have separated stuff in our drawers in the fridge.  I like to eat fresh veggies, salads and fruit.  Now we need to cook everything.

Do the best that you can.  A little  inconvenience is always better than regret. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I thought he was a real Indian and I didn't litter because I didn't want to make him cry `cause it must hurt real bad to make a guy cry!

That bear kept me from playing with matches.... except with my models at the creek. I rationalized the water overrode the match and burning, melting plastic with firecrackers inside.

Then the pf flyers made me rack myself trying to fly over the chain link fence when I was barely taller than it was.

That last one was when I learned.

*That's scary @dtel

Edited by JohnJ
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I tried pf flyers too.  I wasn't any faster, but I was always fast enough.  We all have our moments when we realized the power of advertising made us sheep, and vowed to never succumb again.  Not Jeff though.  He still buys the crap he willingly forces down his throat...

It could be worse/weirder.  In India, they’re holding gaumatra (cow urine drinking parties).  Seriously.  I just read it on Reuter’s news, in The Wire section.  Since Hindus believe cows are sacred, some of them believe that drinking cow urine cures cancer, and now it cures COVID19 as well.

The pictures shows a crowded room full of cheery people, well most of them, each holding a cup.

Things would have to be pretty desperate for most of us to try that.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Islander said:

It could be worse/weirder.  In India, they’re holding gaumatra (cow urine drinking parties).  Seriously.  I just read it on Reuter’s news, in The Wire section.  Since Hindus believe cows are sacred, some of them believe that drinking cow urine cures cancer, and now it cures COVID19 as well.

The pictures shows a crowded room full of cheery people, well most of them, each holding a cup.

Things would have to be pretty desperate for most of us to try that.

I'm sure it will cure something.  Maybe Hinduism?

• Haha 2

Just now, oldtimer said:

I tried pf flyers too.  I wasn't any faster, but I was always fast enough.  We all have our moments when we realized the power of advertising made us sheep, and vowed to never succumb again.  Not Jeff though.  He still buys the crap he willingly forces down his throat...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmFtkFkfrv6MbKHwEwLh3

• Like 1
  • Haha 2