Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Mallette

No Longer a Moderator

Recommended Posts

For reasons that were stated but made no sense to me,  to me I was fired. That's fine as I've been doing this since 2005 and it's consumed time I don't have anymore but did it anyway as I love PWK and all his work, and I love so many of you. Really, all of you. Tried to be a very just and "moderate" Moderator. I HAVE kept my badge. I think I earned it. I think only a few have been here longer than I have and I will continue to participate here and in Pilgrimage and other events. All you guys I've had to step between in the ring are now at the tender mercies of the other mods...

 

Even in this thread I've in no way disparaged any Klipsch employee. 

 

Dave

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Mallette said:

For reason unknown to me I was fired. That's fine as I've been doing this since 2005 and it's consumed time I don't have anymore but did it anyway as I love PWK and all his work, and I love so many of you. Really, all of you. Tried to be a very just and "moderate" Moderator. I HAVE kept my badge. I think I earned it. I think only a few have been here longer than I have and I will continue to participate here and in Pilgrimage and other events. All you guys I've had to step between in the ring are now at the tender mercies of the other mods...

Dave

 

I'm glad you will continue to participate here.  I enjoy your posts.

 

I wonder why it was "reason unknown to me" ... I would think that "a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes."   I fully understand that Klipsch is free to do what it likes with its forum, but just "firing" someone as a moderator is puzzling. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, garyrc said:

I fully understand that Klipsch is free to do what it likes with its forum, but just "firing" someone as a moderator is puzzling. 

Agreed. But nothing was really stated. While I totally consider the present TOS to be something PWK would call "BS" on, I  have enforced it. Anyone who says I have not please tell me when it was and provide a link. 
Dave

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pretty much try to stay out of stuff like this but I have to say why have you started this thread..?

 

Is it to stir people up or what are you trying to accomplish with this thread?

 

This sounds like something that is between you and the others who make decisions and moderate this forum and IMHO should be handled in PMs instead of drawing others into something we have no way of knowing all the circumstances or even fully understanding the circumstances of why the decisions have been made.

 

 

miketn

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok , bye

As a moderator you should be held to a higher cause .

If you disagree you should be ignored .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Mallette/Dave

Sometimes, less is more.  Being a mod is a lot of work [BS]... enjoy your "demotion". You are now allowed to say, "Not my problem". You've done good.... and long...

Regards,

Bill

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mallette no offense but  it should not be unknown to you from some of your recent post. This is a Klipsch forum not a general social media forum. Personally I believe Travis has done a lot to clean up this forum where it is not just for a few but for more newbie's to participate and post. I have been a lurker for many years without joining fearing attacks from some of the favored members who ruined it for anyone that disagreed with them. I think the changes the last few years are better for the Klipsch name and represents the company better. I could be wrong about Travis being the driving force for changes but I think I am right and I welcome the changes. Instead of posting to try and cause controversy by starting this thread just accept the change and contribute in a positive way in the future. In the future you welcome the change of not being a moderator. Naturally no one likes to be fired and they feel angry at first but it might be the best thing that has happened to you. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dave, you started a thread a couple weeks ago stating you were leaving the forum anyways.  You were done here (even though you're still here) so why fret over losing moderator status?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@henry4841

 

I am a relative newcomer and maybe I am thick skinned or too stupid to know I'm being insulted.... but, I did not experience "fearing attacks from some of the favored members"....

Actually, just the opposite.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elton John's goodbye tour wasn't this long.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations!  

 

giphy.gif

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A toast then to Dave!

 

May your work here be everlasting and serve to benefit others who follow that would accept this thankless task.

Cheers indeed!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Dave, you started a thread a couple weeks ago stating you were leaving the forum anyways.  You were done here (even though you're still here) so why fret over losing moderator status?

I agree, why even post this thread if you are leaving this forum. If you are leaving the forum why the shock of not being a moderator. Does not make sense Dave. Just politely accept the results of your post of leaving the forum and the consequences of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, henry4841 said:

I agree, why even post this thread if you are leaving this forum. If you are leaving the forum why the shock of not being a moderator. Does not make sense Dave. Just politely accept the results of your post of leaving the forum and the consequences of it. 

If you're not leaving the forum why post that you were?  Personally I hope you hang around but your posts of late have me scratching my (bald) head.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Here's to you, as good as you are, And here's to me, as bad as I am; But as good as you are, and as bad as I am, I am as good as you are, as bad as I am.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reminds me of a song by the Clash.

Should I stay...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mikebse2a3 said:

I pretty much try to stay out of stuff like this but I have to say why have you started this thread..?

 

Is it to stir people up or what are you trying to accomplish with this thread?

 

This sounds like something that is between you and the others who make decisions and moderate this forum and IMHO should be handled in PMs instead of drawing others into something we have no way of knowing all the circumstances or even fully understanding the circumstances of why the decisions have been made.

 

 

miketn

Please read what I wrote. To quote LBJ "I will not run no will I accept my party's nomination for Moderator."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladies and gents, I certainly did not expect some of these posts.

 

I am not going anywhere unless banned. I love PWK and Klipsch & Associates. I am listening to Klipsch right now and hope I am doing so at the hour of my death. 

 

Dave

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should add that I would also not say anything here that would damage Heritage sales regardless of my thoughts on Klipsch management. That would be harmful to the great people of Klipsch and to the memory of the Legend PWK.

Dave

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...