Only the Rich guys need apply

ClaudeJ1

But the price is for a PAIR, after all. In case you need a 1.6 Kilowatt amp to drive your _______________________ brand INEFFICIENT speakers!

Keep in mind it's only 32 dbWatts and perfect for those 82 db/watt loudspeakers you overpay for also when you want to reach 114 db Peaks with HIGH Intermodulation distortion!

https://www.paragonsns.com/products/dan-dagostino-relentless-epic-1600-mono

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

But the price is for a PAIR, after all. In case you need a 1.6 Kilowatt amp to drive your _______________________ brand INEFFICIENT speakers!

Keep in mind it's only 32 dbWatts and perfect for those 82 db/watt loudspeakers you overpay for also when you want to reach 114 db Peaks with HIGH Intermodulation distortion!

https://www.paragonsns.com/products/dan-dagostino-relentless-epic-1600-mono

How many bathrooms does it have?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Luxury goods pricing has to follow high-end incomes to retain their status as luxury goods. High end incomes are WAY, WAAAAAAY UP over the past few years so a $349K amp seems very affordable considering swining a baseball bat for 3-1/2 hours a day out in the sunshine can get you $40M annually. And, the bigger fish in finance arre knocking down $200M.

He has a good strategy - sell 10 amps and retire.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

They are trying to sell a 350,000 dollar mono block, but they don't check what their copywriters hand in??? Not so 'strikingly elegant', if you ask me...

image.thumb.png.5434eae4ecba41b9bc480f3a58eb9b81.png

Is this physically possible?  258Kg really?

image.png.0147885b4e191b95482caba4810b1177.png

I'm totally fascinated by this...

Yes, the weight seems to be right! I used a 'aluminium weight calculator'. A block this size would weigh 371kg!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

They are trying to sell a 350,000 dollar mono block, but they don't check what their copywriters hand in??? Not so 'strikingly elegant', if you ask me...

Is this physically possible?  258Kg really?

image.png.0147885b4e191b95482caba4810b1177.png

I saw some similar driving the Wilson XvX. It was a 1.3 Million dollar system. It sounded fabulous with the subwoofer in the corners, which was not cheap also, at that Place. 

Yeah, but are these $250 K to $1 M systems really real world ?  Do any but the 1% have any hope of owning this stuff other than a chance one time listen ?  Is that what this hobby is all about ?

Fully realize everyone has a different approach to the quest, but why even look down that road ?

Side note:  Recently demoed the LaScala AL5 and Cornwall IV at my local dealer (odd there is a Klipsch dealer 3 miles from my house, but I live close to everything....)

On the way out had a quick look at the Focal Grande system ($250 K), it had it's own room to itself.  Had to resist the urge to poke one of the many drivers out in the open collecting dust.

5 hours ago, RealMarkDeneen said:

Luxury goods pricing has to follow high-end incomes to retain their status as luxury goods. High end incomes are WAY, WAAAAAAY UP over the past few years so a $349K amp seems very affordable considering swining a baseball bat for 3-1/2 hours a day out in the sunshine can get you $40M annually. And, the bigger fish in finance arre knocking down $200M.

He has a good strategy - sell 10 amps and retire.

I met Dan D'Agostino, he was the original Krell Engineer. Class A 100 Watts was his original. Now you have to rewire your system for 220 to power those beasts (not really but it would seem so, aye?).

I recall a test in Stereophile or The Absolute Sound that reviewed a $350k pair of monoblocks probably 20 years ago.  They were crazy heavy like these ones.  The conclusion was that, although the distortion figures were shockingly high, they sounded so good that they just had to give them an ‘A’ rating.  I guess it was very euphonious distortion...

• Like 2