Heritage Jubilee in a Small Room – Three Months in

MMurg

• 2 weeks later...

The moment the new Heritage Jubilee arrives in a user's home, an as yet unknown force called dark energy will cause its sidewalls and top to expand its space to proper size at escape velocity...according to the Klipsch warranty agreement, so I have heard. 

• Haha 4

On 1/9/2024 at 4:04 PM, Tom05 said:

Rock out in corner , rock out on wall , rock on , rock out whilst amateurs look about ,socks box Knox , knox in box , fox in socks . Knox on fox , in socks in box 🤓

No Corners... No Walls... And most certainly, NO ROCK!

the LF weighs 331 lbs or 150 kg ,    the HF section is 78 lbs or 35kg , it's 31 inches deep by 51 inches wide  and closer to  6 feet tall  ,  it's big 'n heavy  , no BS 

On 1/18/2024 at 3:55 AM, OilyBoy said:

I might not be the first to ask here.. 

But how many forum members own the new Herritage Jubilee for now?

And did all of you guys upgraded from UG jubilees? 

I have NO interest in changing from the Professional Jubilees to the Consumer Jubilees at this point, regardless of their capabilities... I find something VERY endearing about the the Original folded horn Bass Bin over the modern Ported design even though it's less capable.

UJ has been tough to wrestle with, and its been trouble to get right... but it's been a cool journey.

• Like 2

Nice Review , I love the new bass horn  on the new Heritage Jubilee , it’s innovative and effective. Some horn aficionados pay homage to the more basic designs, having always rejected the idea of anything direct radiator or vented  . The irony of this is that with a traditional folded horn, which is typically shorter than optimal, it will revert somewhat to a direct radiator as the horn unloads , this is not a pure horn response, although excellent sound but attenuated. Forget the idealistic view of bass horn purity, it doesn’t exist in the real world. Klipsch uses the woofer back chamber in these new designs to augment an unloading horn. A brilliant design and execution. I’ll take the new version, an easy choice for me .

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tom05 said:

Some horn aficionados pay homage to the more basic designs, having always rejected the idea of anything direct radiator or vented  . The irony of this is that with a traditional folded horn, which is typically shorter than optimal, will revert somewhat to a direct radiator as the horn unloads , this is not a pure horn response, although excellent sound but attenuated.

Nothing could be FURTHER from the truth... there's NOTHING basic, short or naive about vintage horn design, attenuated or not.

The problem is that the traditional  “basic” folded horn design  would require around 14 ft of length to reach 18 hz  , kind of problematic. So typically a shorter horn is implemented and compromise is made . When  the  “short “horn unloads it will presumably attenuate , nature of the beast . Don’t get me wrong the UG in great , I’m just a big fan of the new Heritage Jubilee , and it’s engineering 🤓

• Like 1

Unfortunately I haven't heard the Heritage Jubilee yet, but even though I love my UJ very much I'm convinced that Roy has done a top job. I suspect that the HJ is designed for a medium to large living space. It wouldn't be ideal for a cinema because I don't think the low end of the bass reflex part carries over 50 meters. I suspect that this low bass part carries very well over up to 10 meters together with the horn part of the upper bass. But these are just my assumptions. Anyway it's a great design.

• Like 2

I've got a jubilee speaker just sitting under my living room table I've got the horn with 6 of the kpt 250 cinema speakers I got then from the roll of dumpster outside of the movie theater in my 2 bedroom house I can only hook 2 up and they are still too much in interested in selling them but what to ask for I see the jubilee is going for 35k really and each one of the kpt-250's are going for $1900  really I mean I can kinda see it if the 2 I got hooked up are plenty for a concert I mean I never heard of klipsch until I found these I got video of the two hooked up in trying to post

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Klipsch_Kid said:

I've got a jubilee speaker just sitting under my living room table I've got the horn with 6 of the kpt 250 cinema speakers I got then from the roll of dumpster outside of the movie theater in my 2 bedroom house I can only hook 2 up and they are still too much in interested in selling them but what to ask for I see the jubilee is going for 35k really and each one of the kpt-250's are going for $1900  really I mean I can kinda see it if the 2 I got hooked up are plenty for a concert I mean I never heard of klipsch until I found these I got video of the two hooked up in trying to post

Welcome @Klipsch_Kid

The garage sale section is the best way to list for sale items here.

Thanks

12 hours ago, Klipsch_Kid said:

Hey Klipsch Kid, what do you have? That you want to sell? Many here might be interested. Start a post in the 'Garage Sale' area. I'm pretty sure you do not have the version of the Jubilee that is currently being produced for $35k a pair. Are you saying you just have the 402 horn? That would sell here as well for sure.

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Klipsch_Kid said:

There is a size limit on photos, you typically need to shrink them down a bit. 

18 hours ago, Klipsch_Kid said:

I'm not sure if you can upload videos here, better on Youtube. As far as I know, you can only upload photos here in the forum. Otherwise, you could just make a few stills from the video to show them here?