Idalia

willland

I wouldn't wish that on anybody after seeing the devastation on Estero Island.  A close friend has a place in Bonita Springs and has all kinds of stuff on her place for protection.  It was still standing somehow after that storm.  She's staying up here til the end of October this year. She sent some videos after the storm and places were just gone.  Crazy.  Stay safe you all! 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Good luck to all, it is completely different than it appears on a radar map, or even the news, more live and in your face to say the least.  duh. 😄

Like Ron White says, "it's not that the wind is blowing it's what the wind is blowing".

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I've heard the hurricane is not as bad as feared

hopefully this is accurate, obviously if your place is washed away it's a disaster....

For some reason Bogart Key Largo 1948 comes to mind .....

Stay safe

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, dtel said:

It got a little breezy, problem with these things is small tornados can pop up anywhere.

reminds me of Ron White's bit.."it's not that the wind IS blowing, it's WHAT the wind is blowing...pretty sure if you get hit by flying Buick it won't matter how many sit ups you did today."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, dtel said:

It got a little breezy, problem with these things is small tornados can pop up anywhere.

Looks like a high profile SUV

like the kind that roll over easily

and flip in accidnents

Also problem with high profile causing buffeting and instability from cross winds on the highway.

Hope the occupants had their seat belts on.

• Like 3

Glad to read that Billy.

And yea @Bubo my rolling brick wobbled a bit this am on I-85 with the leftovers going by the outer banks. Still breezy here. Rain had been flooding highways all around the Piedmont since yesterday morning... the second day of the deluge.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, babadono said:

He is(was?) in Pace. He does not even respond to PMs anymore:mad: I will have to actually write him a note and US mail it to him. I miss his contributions to the forum.

Yes, Pensacola area. Think he and folks past the Chattahoochee river are in the clear so as far as weather, should be good.. Thanks!

Found some ice and beer should be good to stay.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1