Last kind of fish you ate

Bubo

On 9/25/2023 at 4:45 PM, JL Sargent said:

Grilled Red Snapper. It was part of a seafood platter that included the fish, scallops, oysters and shrimp. All that plus 2 hush puppies and a very nice greek salad for the tidy sum of $31.00.

That or Grouper, my kind of eating. Broiled good too.

Like smoked fish also, if done right...

• Like 3

Earlier I sampled Halibut over parmesan and roasted garlic risotto blended with spinach , tomato and portabella mushroom pieces garnished with a citrus beurre blanc and lump crab meat $46. . I also sampled Cobia over pimento and tasso ham grits with shrimp , bacon , corn and pickled okra fricassee $42.

• Like 3

On 9/26/2023 at 5:23 AM, jjptkd said:

Not counting some sardines the other day went small mouth bass fishing labor day weekend with some friends in Montana- filet up and beer battered pretty damn tasty! 

You're my hero dude.  Love the sardines and the "beer batter bass" ...   say that 3x really fast.

I had canned tuna fixed a la "Barbie Tuna Salad",  wife is pushing me to lose a little weight.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, billybob said:

Dang, sounds good...

When I lived in FL I use to look for street vendors in and around Ebor City (which is surrounded by Tampa) where they make some of the best dang smoked mullet ever. But down here in S. Texas they don't eat mullet. I guess it's a different kind but I don't really know sure. They sure look the same though.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

When I lived in FL I use to look for street vendors in and around Ebor City (which is surrounded by Tampa) where they make some of the best dang smoked mullet ever. But down here in S. Texas they don't eat mullet. I guess it's a different kind but I don't really know sure. They sure look the same though.

Did not know that about Ebor City. Dined at the Columbia back then. Silver mullet is another, not the same as the black. Thanks!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, babadono said:

Broiled wild caught salmon..last night as a matter of fact....tasty...none of that farm raised sheet PLEASE.

Some of that farm raised stuff in South America was traced to food poisonings on cruise ships. They raised them in sewage water and loaded them with antibiotics to the point that the antibiotics would spin your head around the ceiling for about 12 hours. It happened to me.

JJK

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Walleye is walleye.  Pickerel is northern pike.  At least where I’m from.

Not here. Northern Pike is Jackfish here. Smaller ones are "hammer handles"

On 1/22/2024 at 7:14 PM, JJkizak said:

Some of that farm raised stuff in South America was traced to food poisonings on cruise ships. They raised them in sewage water and loaded them with antibiotics to the point that the antibiotics would spin your head around the ceiling for about 12 hours. It happened to me.

JJK

I have a client that flew me to Villahermosa, Mx 3 yrs ago. He owns a talapia farm with the plan to convert to single axis solar farm. The smeling the water and the surrounding conditions surrounded/isolated by jungle with Banana plantations not too far away (they used the processed scraps for fertilizer) I wouldn't eat farm raised anything.  Absolutely disgusting, and the processing plant made me want to puke, could last 3 min. in that place, and the owner just laughed.  I've been in some nasty-*** places like East Texas chicken farms (egg producers) to inspect semi-collapsed metal bldg's.... I use to think that was the nastiest job until the trip to Mexico......  those egg farms are not even close to what I saw. Just fk'ing gross as hell.