Love my KG4s, but what is next?

Lettuceman500

Hello everyone,

I have a pair of KG4’s with Krites upgraded crossovers and tweeters and I adore the sound. I have recently had the itch to acquire another pair of Klipsch speakers and wondered what else I should consider. Are the Heresy speakers a natural progression? Should I look into something different like the Choruses? 

Edited by Lettuceman500
Misspelled Krites
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, CWOReilly said:

Quartet or Chorus. Heresy is great but will probably be lacking in bass compared to kg4. 

Agreed. You'll miss the low end if you go the Heresy route and will wind up accompanying it with a subwoofer.

Yes; if that's acceptable to you then get the Heresies.

Otherwise, another vote for Quartets, or go for Fortes. I don't think Choruses will play lower than your kg4s.

• Like 1

don't want to start an argument or debate...you KNOW I'm talking about the 2 way home version that you almost had to know Roy to obtain. Of which there are like 50 pairs world wide. And they're now unobtanium unless one is blessed enough to find someone foolish enough to let them go, maybe because of the owner passing.

My KG4's put out quite a bit more base than my Heresy II.  But the midrange on the Heresy's is MUCH better than the KG4's.  I was just listening to them side by side and there was background piano that that was being reproduced by the Heresy that the KG4 was basically were not reproducing at all.

• Like 1