"Pie Slice" logo update . . .

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tom,

My 1975 Belles still proudly display their original "Pie Slice" logos, but I would like to have a pair, so I will put myself in the low priority, or second run category. I would enjoy adding a pair to my 80's Heresy speakers. Put me at the top of the list of the second run, if there is one. If there are insufficient requests for this run, then include me in.

Klipsch out.

Allen,

I just wanted to say what a nice thing it is that you have done.

Even if I'm not lucky enough to get a pair, it does my heart good to see the way you guys look out for each other.

I'm in South Carolina and if I can ever do anything for anyone on the BB please don't hesitate to ask.

Nice to see an avatar from someone with some REAL class!!! William Carlos Williams is my favorite poet--I wrote my Masters thesis on his later poetry. And Charles Demuth has never gotten his due as far as I'm concerned! Good show!

A little information for those who have never heard of Charles Demuth.

"Luckily or not, Charles Demuth painted one picture so famous that practically every American who looks at art knows it. The Figure 5 in Gold, 1928, is a prediction of Pop art, based on an Imagist poem, "The Great Figure," by his friend William Carlos Williams:

Among the rain

and lights

I saw the figure 5

in gold

on a red

firetruck

moving

tense

unheeded

to gong clangs

siren howls

and wheels rumbling

through the dark city.

Charles Demuth was one of the most stylistically innovative watercolor artists of the 20th century. He was born in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.