My Neighbors are blasting music, dare I?

----------------

On 8/13/2003 10:33:32 AM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

Just before I moved recently, there was a kid that used to drive by our old house just about on time every night during the week...at 1 am with the boom boom boom of his peice of crap car playing very loud Snoop doggy dogg 50 cent- 2LiveCrew type rap music. He would finish his ciggarette or drink I am sure....while sitting sometimes for 2 min or more...(I figured he tried to sober up using breath spray, eye drops, and try and look OK, for mom and dad in case they were up..LOL)...and then drive to the other side of the neighborhood to his house.

----------------

Ohh, how I hate those damn things! Fortunatly, I don't have one that comes through regularly like that. However, sometimes my nieghbors directly across the street sometimes blast that crap really loud, but at least they where nice about it when I asked them to please turn it down and not play it so loud after say 11 PM, which they did.

We also had a newspaper carrier that would deliver the papers at like 3 AM using a car with ridiculously loud exhaust. It would wake me up just about every time. I asked my nieghbors about it and they all said the same thing. A number of us complained to the newspaper subscription department about it. Apparently they got the message and from what I was told, the delivery person got the exhaust fixed. Had not been a problem since.

I also liked your approach to the snot-nosed kid that was blasthing his crap like that in the middle of the night. A little "taste of thier own medicine". Good thing that once you explained the situation, the father was really cool about it.

I would have probably gotten a video camera and got video-taped the kid sitting there at the stop sign, making sure the license plate was clearly seen in the video. Get about 3 nights worth and go the police with the video tape. However, I bet the father was glad you didn't get the police involved.

Of course, there is another way with which I'd really like to deal with those POS boom-cars 11.gif - Can we say "Rocket Launcher?"

----------------

On 8/14/2003 1:08:00 PM skonopa wrote:

Of course, there is another way with which I'd really like to deal with those POS boom-cars

----------------

I had one of those at in my area too... 7.gif you would think that those tricked out boom boxes on wheels would have A/C so they can keep the windows shut?

I haven't seen him around anymore... 11.gif9.gif

hummer_050602_02.jpg

Rob

post-11489-13819248309724_thumb.jpg

While on the subject of dirty deeds, I have a true story.

When I was a freshman in HS, I went to the local football game and 3 drunk upperclassmen started picking on me and the end result was a fight. I did the best I could, but was soundly whipped (all three jumped me at once).

I had to get even, but my Dad would have killed me if I would have irrepairably damaged their cars or property. I found a valve stem core removal tool in the garage, and set out for vengence on sunday evening after dark.

I would have loved to see their faces on monday morning when they set out for school and each had four flat tires with the valves stem cores removed, which I had conveniently tossed into the nearby creek 11.gif

They never bothered me again2.gif

Greg

Justin,

You have to get the neighborhood association envolved. We had a problem with two residents that walked dogs on a regular basis. No problem there except, they regularly allowed their hounds to drop crapolla on other people's property. To this day I wonder??? Somebody is walking their dog and it dumps on a neighbors lawn. While it's doing it's dasteredly deed, what the heck is the owner thinking? Ha Ha, I'll let them pick it up. Good, it's not my lawn. I don't give a s**t who has to pick it up. It's just fertilizer, I'm doing the neighbors a favor. Well, we opted to confront the culprits. One denied it and said, "talk to my husband about it." We did and he was very sympethetic and agreed to not let it happen again. The other went off in a huff but never allowed the dogs to do it again. The woman who denied it moved away three months later and the other couple moved to mini farm within a year. Ya know, if a dog gets loose and drops on my lawn, I pick it up along with my dog's bombs. I really don't mind that. S**t happens! I just get aggrivated when some nit-wit stands there and watches their dog go, on your property, then struts off like they don't have a care in the world.

BTW, in my old neighborhood we had a dog dumper that would not cease and desist. Even after several visits and requests, he persisted in allowing his pet to do it's number,(2)in OPYs. So one Saturday evening in August, the unconcerned abusers were having a barbeque with several friends. Three of our younger neighbors paid them a visit. (they had waited for the right moment) The three amigos walked a few feet onto the jerk's yard and while in full view, abruptly dropped their pants and had a movement. It was quite a sight!!! After the three finished, they were cheered by a group of neighbors who had gathered around for the festivities and oh yes, they did wipe. The guy and his wife must have been very embarrassed because they never made a "STINK" about the event and evidentially, they got the message. No do do has been reported in recent years.

Bottom line - there is strength in numbers and if you ever want to ease the situation, your parents need to get the association on this asap. Do it cordially, at least the first couple times. After that, I suggest that you get several young, tough and daring neighbors to pay this family a visit.

If you did what they're doing what would that say about you? That you're as inconsiderate as they are? Probably.

You're absolutely right.

BLAST THEM TO THE KINGDOM COME!!!

Seriously, though. I'd call the cops. If you want them taken care of the right way, call 911, and the cops will take a stop by and reprimand them. If they continue to do it, continue having the cops come over. Eventually they'll be arrested. 9.gif

On a more serious note,calling the cops on these animals would be the right thing to do.As one poster said if the cops keep coming back and noticing the illegal/bothersome behavior of these brutes they will get arrested or fined at one point.

You cannot let a troll troll you around.

The police is there to PROTECT and SERVE,so use your rights Justin.

Trust me after a few visits they will have to stop.Or face the harsh reality that is the law.

I hope that you have no plants along the fence line that the dogs try to dig under. Slugs like to eat shade plants like Hostas and sometimes you have to use chemicals to deal with the problem. Slug bait is quite sweet and dogs do like it. It does terrible things to the dog, I learned the hard way, it is a poison. The stomach was pumped, 48 hours of vet supervision and then a special diet on canned food. It was an expensive lesson. 15.gif

If it is in your backyard, then the dogs should never gain access to it, unless they are not kept on leashes, or they get onto your property, by digging under the fence.

Spray the fence with a mixture of water and Durkee's hot sauce or something even hotter. It stopped my Miniature Schnauzer from chewing wood in the house after three times.12.gif

Justin-

I would suggest taking a note from Ozzy Ozbourne and throw sliced bread over the fence. If nothing else, they might think you are a little disturbed and take care not to p*ss you off.2.gif

I have to admit I like the idea of using a learning remote to play with their system, of course if you do this the best thing to do would be to turn it up until it implodes.3.gif Then no more loud music...of course, your other complaints will need a different solution.

If their boat has an internal fuel tank, plug up the vents for it, it will cause a vapor lock. The engine will run for a few minutes, then starved of fuel, sputter and die. After sitting a while - depends on how well the vents are block - it will restart and run until starved of gas again.

Good Luck!

Paul

Just me. I am going to Mizzou (University of Missouri at Columbia)

They are taking us offline for an indefinite period of time, the blaster worm has taken over along with fixsobig so they are cutting off the internet and network completely till they have gone to every computer and made sure no one has a bug or virus. even my linux and mac machines won't have access even though they are immune :( Oh well, having a great time, but boy am I busy.

BTW, my parents are likely moving. Theyhave had enough and our house is just too big anyways for two people. they are looking at a high rise type condo.

----------------

On 8/21/2003 11:45:25 PM PAR69 wrote:

Justin...

You are going all the way to Missouri when you have THE BEST state university just down the road. The University of Texas at Austin is where you should be. If for no other reason than Austin's music scene.

Paul

92 Texas Ex
9.gif

----------------

I would have loved to go to UT but my POS (please excuse) never sent my transcripts there so I was rejected. Same thing happened to Texas A&M, Univ. of North Carolina at Chappel Hill, Rice and Baylor. They only sent them to Mizzou as we were filing a lawsuit against them, I won't go into the details, it makes me sick every time.

• 11 years later...

Ok, about a month ago we got new neighbors. They are "trash with cash". Their house is beautiful, probably $500,000 ish, not too shabby right? Oh, but what is this? Their yard has grass 6 inches tall, they have an old 16+ person party boat in their driveway... everyday. They have 3 dogs that bark at everything. When he does cut the yard he has no shirt on and is drinking a beer. They emtpy out their in ground pool like once a week which floods our back yard. They have a pop-up tent in their back yard all the time, it never goes down.

Anyways, their new hobby is playing music really loud with lots of bass (kind of impressive bass really). But it is, dare I say, pop music. I have nothing against any genre of music, but when you play Pop music constantly, at loud volumes, with only a few singles but in high rotation, it gets quite annoying.

So, would it be bad of me to get my system pumping out music against theirs? I am sure that I could easily over do their setup. I am about to go up stairs and see if I can't peak through the trees and such to see what system they have.

They are just not nice people. They have three kids as well and they are little heathens... they were launching roman candles at our cars the other night and when we put those in the garage they were attacking our fountain.

What would you do?

Careful you don't end up in a feud.

Welcome them to the neighborhood.  Later, pick one topic, e.g., the flooding, or the Roman candles, and go ring their bell the next time it happens.  Be polite, but assertive.  Start there.  Don't mention their tall grass or their music, unless the music is late at night, or is played with the windows open.  A $500,000 house should have adequate soundproofing, I would hope!  Ounce you establish a relationship, some of the other issues may be addressed.  I don't think you can do anything about the grass (unless it becomes a fire hazard) or the tent.  Plant tall bushes, or thick trees.

There was once a cartoon in which two neighbors were talking in their back yards.  There were musical notes in the air.  One neighbor said to the other, "You know, if you didn't turn it up so loud, you wouldn't have to listen to it from your back yard!"