Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

As I said before, forums are for sharing ideas. If you do not know what you are doing, then let others help you. If you are here and do not want to learn, then you must fade the heat.

If you do not have the space for RF7's in your space, then maybe they are not a good choice.

As I said before, the best equipment in the world is not the answer. Placement is far more important than the quality of the speaker. Seating position is more important. The room acoustics are more important.

So, maybe some bookshelf speakers on stands would have been a better choice for his space since space definately seems to be at a premium. Then you could have moved them out of the way if needed and still get great sound when in use.

It is obvious that no research was done and no thought to acoustics was given. All I see is a "bigger is better" mentality behind this setup. Then, when you offer help, you get a "No Thanks" attitude.

There are some very sharp people on this forum who offer their services willingly and for free. Then there are those who offer their services and don't no !#$%!

It appears you chose to listen to those people who told you what you wanted to hear. I am not one of those people. Sorry!

I can agree with this. Too many today are buying the biggest HDTV's when they are sitting all of 6' away. Putting multiple subs in that same room and trying to do full-sized 7.x sound.

I have quartets and an academy...I didn't have room for floor standers in the rear but everyone insisted I had to use them for it to sound right or go to the KG's(?) 2.2's or 1.2's which also would not have fit into the room properly.

I ended up with RS3's and they fit into the room design as well as sound damn good.

• Moderators

There seems to be some confusion as to why his speakers are upside down. That was my suggestion. He posted a pic of his front 3 speakers. The center channel was at a normal height. His RF-7's were in a cabinet and elevated. The tweeters were about (I'm guessing) 8 ft off the ground and roughly 4 ft higher than the tweeters in his center. I suggested he invert his RF-7's to align the tweeters in his front array.

I had done the same thing at one time, flipped the Forte ll's over so the mid and high frequency horns were much closer to my ears where I sit, and it did help, I already had the risers off.

I don't care who or where advice comes from I will consider all and see if it fit's my circumstance's and makes an improvement....................NA you got a problem with that.......PUNK...[:o].......Just kidding [;)]

Lighten up this should be fun ! [{] People have told me I was nuts for putting these speakers inside the house......think I care... we have a rule at our house if you find something here that really upsets you....don't come back. [:P]

I was not talking to anyone in particular. especially you CECA, I just used your quote. [:S]

James,

Yes..... Was there something else you wanted to say besides my name?

James

I think this was confirming that the "both" was referring to you James.

So now I'm two people.... Wow, I didn't know that.

James

James, for the other me

No, the both I believe was the original poster and you, at least that was how I read it maybe I'm wrong.

P.S. with the V (jamesV) I thought there were 5 of you! [:P]

I remember when I bought my first klipsch speakers ( RF-3's) I put them right up against the wall, not knowing anything about rear ported speakers, until I read a couple of threads here in the fourms. I honestly really liked the way they sounded before I moved them away from the wall.. I didn't have any complaints... But then when I actually moved them out, only a few inches, the sound just opended up and I then realized that they actually sounded better... The moral of the story is... I didn't know the potentail of my speakers, even though they sounded good to me, until I did some research. Eventually, when time allows, Rick will probably take them out of the cabinet's and be amazed at the difference. But, like he said, he doesn't feel comfortable doing so with a 1 year old running around, which I don't blame a bit. This is a great forum with lot's of great people and I really didn't mean to start anythng. I just felt like Rick was getting bashed because of his limitations and by placing them upside down. I'm just saying...

Hello everyone.....

I am a regular in the 2 channel area of the forums. Outside of my vintage gear in a dedicated music appreciation room, I was showing some photos of my NEW theater to the 2 channel gang and they suggested I come here to share with anyone that may be interested.

Just wanted to drop by and say hello...

With regards,

Gary

• Moderators

Dtel,

You talking to me...

You talking to me..... (in my best fake De Niro voice, j/k for course)

James

That's funny. [Y]

Just was bored, and needed to practice typing ! [A] I type so slow most of the time someone has already posted by the time I get done, I failed typing in school ! [:$]

I wish I had a dedicated room for HT, they look cool in these pic's !

• dtel pinned this topic