"Brennenitist" a welcome disease - we all get it...

Colin

Another hot thread, with 2200 readers shut down.

I really have to wonder why guys like Brennan even hang out on this Forum. Their "Klipsch" speakers are so highly modified it's a disgrace that they still bear the name. It seems to me there's some other motivation at play here. Ah yes, I remember. They're the garage & basement tinkerers that can't do the math, had their hearing damaged serving our country or during occupational activities, and at most only dipped their toes into the deep waters of acoustics (if at all).

Yeah, I'll listen to what they have to say. I'll take anyone's word for granted who thinks they know more than PWK, even though they don't have the product, company or credentials to back it up! Where's their success stories? Just wannbes IMO.

Who said this? I dont wonder. I am offended.

Brennenitist is a welcome disease. We should all get it.

I think tweaking audiophiles like Tom learn from others and enjoy giving back to the Forum. It is an honor that the classic Klipsch corner Khorns endures so long that they have a significant resale value. Many old loudspeakers are merely disgarded after a decade of misuse. The DIY tweaking audiophiles keep this hobby alive. No retail store toold me about tubes and horns. Paul W. Klipsch, founder of Klipsch and designer of the classic corner Khorn and Dr, Bruce were tinkerers too at one point. Most innovations come from outside industry thank goodness there are tweaking audiophiles!

Remember the surfers caveat of the BBS:

Nothing is given so profusely as advice, Duc de La Rochefoucauld 1613-1680.

Nevertheless, consider the reality of the average public:

Many receive advice, few profit by it. Publius Syrus. 42 B. C.

...must be getting hot out....

7.gif

I get a huge rooster from seeing guys like Q-man and Dale who have the guts to carve up and recreate speakers that alot of us can't even afford to buy !!

I don't think they are damaging the klipsch name or product at all and i love being able to come here and watch it taking place .Others like tom have watched guys start right from scratch not careing one bit about looks just the improvement in sound .

Valuble place this klipsch forum, as far as i'm concerned .1.gif

I think the mix is just about right .

My one mantra with anything mechanical is: "When all else fails read the instructions". I'm convinced that the real reason anybody invents anything mechanical is so the people they sell it to can immediately take it apart and start playing with it.

If the T-Man wants to take his toys apart and share his musings with us about what he came up with I'm all for it. Go T-MAN!

TBrennan has really helped me understand a lot about horns, efficiency, alternative points of view, and audio in general. I have been into this hobby myself for more than 25 years and one important thing I've learned is there is always room to listen, learn, and try to shake off inevitable biases.

TBrennan is the one guy on this board who consistently, when describing a speaker or other audio device that I'm familiar with, hears what I hear - which makes me trust his opinion about other audio devices (such as other horn speakers) with which I'm not personally familiar with. (Who knows, maybe we're just equally deaf????????)

Anyway enough of blowing sunshine. Thanks Tom for your input.

Andy

Collin,

....."I'll take anyones word for granted who thinks they know more than PWK"

Bubba, when you stuck those 511's atop Paul's bass horns and ordered the new tweeters, you said just that. You know my Heritage history of never having the backs off after over 30 years. At this time, my Corns are more eclectic. Not at all like the stock PWK product. Will you, me or Tommy ever design a folded bass horn or bass- reflex enclosure of such magnitude? I don't think so. Some people have a talent for original design, and others are talented in the improvement of that design. We now listen to up-graded X-overs, better horn lenses and drivers.

The knowlage of TB, JE, LA, BEC, C&S, Mark M. and many others on this forum allow me to listen to a quality of sound reproduction that I can't afford.

Regards,

Terry

It took both PWK & Delgato to better that ol Khorn. And thats what the Jubilee is about. T. brennen knows his horns. Alot can be learn,d from that. Delgato also knows his horns . But for some reason he refuse,s to appear on this FORUM. Shurely Klipsh LLC hasnt put a muzzle on him?

Tell me it ain't so - Gone for a bit and a Lovefest breaks out for Brennan.

Who is this Brennan you are referring to? The only one I know is Tom and surely this isn't all for him! I had to check around first - with all these kind words I thought he must have passed away 2.gif

I did NOT take ANY ones word for the improvements of other lens and drivers. I heard different difference, and just like the LaScala did for me, I had to have the improved system. It was worth the few hundred bucks to upgrade. I would certainly NOT think someones opinions were more valid than Paul W. Klipsch, founder of Klipsch and designer of the classic corner Khorn, in his hay days.

NOT even Tom Brennan, whose experience and comments about Corns, when I had mine convinced me that he knows what he is talking about. Now however, after attending preacherman Daddydees May 2004 Klipsch gathering in Little Rock, Arkansas, I want the opinions of the guys I met there. I know Andy, Daddy, Terry, Lee, Dean and others KNOW what they are talking about. I heard them make the same similar comments about changes in front-end equipment as I heard for myself. I trust their ears, if NOT their budgets or priorities.

10.gif

I said it and I'm damn proud of it.

I've had other issues with Brennan. One in particular which I know I know more about than he does. And yet he insisted on arguing. The Forum Moderators eventually asked us to take it private. And I did. And I ended it (in private) offering to continue the 'discussion' in a civil manner. I never heard back from him. That, in my book, gets no respect.

Geesh Artto - I am one of those garage tinkerers that probably can't do your math correctly. You may find it is easier to ignore than to maintain a personal dislike. I know it keeps my mind sharper for the real questions.

Tom is strong willed and bullheaded - something you may be able to understand. I can't agree with your insinuation of the situation that he does not know his stuff - at best I can be convinced that in a particular situation he was wrong. I find much of your stuff informative as well.

I am not sure why this type of discussion is taking place. I much prefer to make fun of Tom instead of questioning his intelligence. Besides - he is such a fragile person I don't want to be responsible for sending him over the edge...

• Klipsch Employees

You may notic that a post by johnellis has been edited...

This is what John was sent by PM and Email.

One of your posts has been edited. Pleas do not use hateful, harassing or abusive post directed at other members.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise volatile of any law.

... Although this BB does not and cannot review the messages posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we at this BB reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever.......

I post this asking, Will showing the "rule" that was "bent" help eveyone understand why the post was edited? UNDERSTAND, We do not have to do this. I just thought it would be one way to help get everyone on the same page...

Wow! Editing hateful, harassing or abusive language directed at other members out of the posts.

As much as I abhor any form of censorship, editing the insults out of posts is a powerful way to teach the offenders a lesson. Know what? I love it. It is like the parent has returned to the playroom; everybody better play nice. Tis folly to let rude children dictate to wise adults.

This forum is a powerful place of knowledge. Can you imagine any regular member making any significant investment in their home movie and music reproduction system without learning more about it from the brain trust accumulated here? It would be folly. I wont make a move without asking a dozen questions here. If editing preserves the power of the forum, so be it.

Five stars for you Trey.

10.gif

Hello:

Some Post to inflame. Editing that makes sense. I too am against censorship, but if inflame is all, what's the point.

I have modified MY Heresys. To ME they sound better. To others they may not sond better tha any other speaker.

But it was my choice, my hearing them. I shared that a while ago.

But, those that do have a degree, experience may help us, or hurt us.

Print the modifications. Place on top of one of your speakers and after that week, if it still makes sense, try it - but keep all original parts.

Like a shooting star, we see it, it glows brightly as does knowledge. Th holder of that knowledge may rest and come back. But we have seen their knowledge and thought for ourselves a littl bit.

"Good and Bad,.I define these terms quite clear, no doubt, Somehow -- but I was so much older then, I'm Younger than That Now."" My Back Pages done by "The Byrds" and others.