OT: Thred Hi Jackers

Royster

Hello:

On the point. This is informational, but truly due to the nature of humans getting to know each other to any degree in the cyber world, you will have answers sprinkled along with general talk.

You may also have "answers" which the author believes to be a portion of the question. Or you may have perceived as answers Posted.

If a thread is being hijacked as stated, the original Poster with the question can control that by adding replies to what is thought to be an attempt at hijacking stating something such as I see your point however I am trying to find out XXXX.

No rudeness, no attitude, no preaching - there is to my knowledge only one Forum Member with Credentials to Preach.

But we have to sift through the sand at times to find the two (2) cents we are looking for. Do we like having to do that? Probably not. But as Newbies become regulars and as Regulars grow to know more about the Members and become Cyber Friends, we will have the answers to questions posted along with comments and other related topics brought up. Those may help to expand the root of the problem knowledge and give a broader range of things in the knowledge base for solutions, or just about any criteria for a question.

dodger

EDIT: WS65711 noted how a thread can be hijacked, if a person does not feel the post is being answered and is being hijacked, repost with a statement of thanks but my question is not being answered. If need be there are those that do not like the flames or bickering on and on (some gives for different viewpoints) - try PMing a couple that have responded favorably and ask that they repost also. We can have some control, but full - we're all just human.

dodger

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 7/21/2004 1:00:31 PM picky wrote:

----------------

On 7/21/2004 12:48:44 PM ironwoods wrote:

You have selected a Klipsch Classic product.

----------------

I can remember using Classic Products when I was in High School. I used Classic Car Wax on my car. It was a paste wax that involved a lot of work to put on. But it came off with ease and left a brilliant shine. I feel there are much better, easier to use products today such as Zaino Brothers Car Polish. Sorry, I do not know if Classic Car Wax is still being sold.

----------------

I like and use boat wax on my truck. Tre Brand. Goes on and off easy doesn't leave bad swirls (black) and lasts well.

Boy Picky, I'm glad you brought this up in Royster's thread jacking thread.

Now back to your regularly scheduled hyjacking!2.gif

Rick

Hello:

Has anyone noticed that the views and number of response counters have been incorrect?

Two (2) or Three (3) with the same number of responses even though the responses are from other people, for example the last two (2) only counted as one (1) response.

Amy or Trey there is a problem (besides me.)

dodger

----------------

On 7/21/2004 2:56:18 PM Olorin wrote:

It must be like the Tour de France scoring. All the posts that arrive in the same group are awarded the same time, and they only increment the post count by one.
9.gif
----------------

Three cheers - that blew lemonade out the nose....

Kind of off topic though - ain't it?

Be careful down there, Maron. You'll be put to work in a cigar factory, and they will make Havana II: The Sequel starring Ashley Judd and you. Royster will have to hijack a plane to get you back.

I've often found more knowledge in nooks and crannies, and through stories, than in rote answers. Staying on topic doesn't allow for too much flavor in the stock.2.gif

'Side's that, the swerves are what keep my on this forum rather than AA or Audiokarma.1.gif

True there is Hijacking on occasion.

On the other hand what some would call hijacking many others would call saying what the poster didn't want to hear.

Bruinsrme's Jet Ski thread is one of the threads to which you refer. He posted asking advice on which Jet Ski to buy and several of us pointed out that the best answer would be NONE of them and gave our reasons. This lead to numerous posts pro and con regarding the merits or lack of merits of those devices.

That said the comments were relevant to the original question despite the fact that they did not necessarily address the question regarding which would be the best to buy in model A or model B terms.

An old axiom in the legal profession ( and amongst psychotherapists too ) is:

Don't ask the question unless you are prepared to handle the answer!

In other words If you ask a question you must be prepared not only for supportive response but also for opinions that do not support your own views.

Seriously,

The whole idea of thread hijacking is rather flucked. A "worthy" thread will take on it's own identity, and be carried forward, even if it is in multiple divergent directions. The whole idea of keeping a thread "pure" as far as it's original topic content is concerned is in itself self-limiting and rather pointless, or maybe it's pointilistic?

----------------

On 7/21/2004 8:46:52 PM cluless wrote:

Seriously,

The whole idea of thread hijacking is rather flucked. A "worthy" thread will take on it's own identity, and be carried forward, even if it is in multiple divergent directions. The whole idea of keeping a thread "pure" as far as it's original topic content is concerned is in itself self-limiting and rather pointless, or maybe it's pointilistic?

----------------

Their is no suched word as flucked. And pointilistic? Get reel!

9.gif

When my brother was 2 years old he used to like playing with his red truck that he got for Christmas. In fact he wouldn't be parted from it.

He'd sit on the floor and say, truck, truck, truck, truck as he pushed the toy around on the floor.

The only problem is, he couldn't pronounce the 'tr' part of truck very well at all! Instead substituting 'f' for the 'tr'!!!

Needless to say my brother was the source of much embarresment when we had visitors!6.gif

----------------

On 7/22/2004 3:24:53 AM neo33 wrote:

Three years ago, American Airlines flight 11 and 97 and United Airlines flight 93 and 175 were hijacked.

----------------

I can't believe it has been almost that long already. I remember that day like yesterday. That gut wrinching feeling.