THIS JUST IN....

Joe Shmoe

Just wanted to give you all an update on ME :)

I finished 12 weeks of Chemotherapy a while back & then had 8 weeks of Radiation therapy after that. My Oncologist looked at the scans after all that & was concerned about a few spots in my lungs & a enlarged lymphnode in my neck, so he scheduled me for a biopsy.

I went and was all ready for the surgery, just laying on the table with an IV ready to go when the surgeon came in and said he wanted to do an Ultrasound first because he was a bit skeptical of the report. After looking at the spot on my neck he decided to not do the surgery, because it did not look out of the ordinary. He then met with my Oncologist again & they then both agreed that a PETscan would be the best way to go.... so off I went for that. I had the PETscan on Monday & met with the Dr. Wednesday.

He then told me, after looking over the results... that my Cancer (Hodgkins.... as some of you may remember)

IS IN REMISSION!! :)

SO, I am definitley a happy camper now & am off to get back with my life! Thanks to all of you who showed support!

-Joe

thats great news Joe, glad to hear its in remission. i know this has been a rough time for you as my wife has NHL ( Non Hodgkins Lymphoma ) and has had her 6th chemo treatment and is scheduled to have a pet scan tomorrow. good luck to you

Joe-great to hear the news! I know this has been on your mind for quite some time and I'm really glad to see that the battle is over. Now get your hair cut, would ya?! 9.gif

See you in a week or so, buddy. I'll bring my Crossroads Guitar Festival with me, if you're interested...

David

Hey Thanks guys! It really is a new lease on life.... for a while there I just didn't know what was going to become of it. I am definitley looking forward to getting on with life & getting my strength back.

BUDMAN... sorry to hear about your wife... just tell her to keep a positive attitude & she will do fine. It's definitley a rough road, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

DKP.... sure bring the DVD over again... I should have more time to check it out this time :)

Thanks again to you all....