lets see YOUR two channel setups

Thanks, Edwin!

The monoblocks are Wright Sound 3.5 (A 2a3 based amp; 3.5 watts).

The doors get opened when the system is turned on. To be honest though, none of this gear generates much heat.

The isolation platform is a Gingko Cloud 10. http://www.gingkoaudio.com/ It was a necessary type upgrade for me as the springy (creaky!) hardwood floors in my 85 year old bungalow were creating all sorts of difficulties for the Rega. ("OK, the records will play only when everyone is seated.") Subjectively does it sound better...blacker backgrounds and all of the other types of qualities associated with vibration control in the audio mags? I guess...my records don't skip anymore.

Klipschorn 2 Channel System (Left Side)

Klipsch%20and%20NAD2.jpg

Klipschorn 2 Channel System (Right Side)

Right%20Lvn%20Room.jpg

Edit - Component List Added.

Klipschorns Walnut Finish W/AKL Type A's

Music Hall MMF-7 Turntable

Bright Star IsoRock 4 Isolation Platform

NAD 4300 AM/FM Tuner

Marantz CDR-630 Pro CD Recorder

Cary SLP-94 Preamp W/Oil Cap Upgrades, Step-up Trans & NOS Tubes

Jolida JD100A Tube CD

Welborne DRD 45 Monoblocks W/Tube Rectification

Silver Audio Hyacinth & IXOS Cables

Is there some unwritten rule that the electronics should be up against a curtained window-wall and that no are should be displayed on the same wall as the television set?

Just wondering, seems to be a common 'decorating' theme.....

Michael

----------------

Thanks! That wall is a few inches shy of 25'.

----------------

Did you buy the house based on the fact that it had a great wall for khorns? 9.gif

When I was looking at houses I actually dismissed 3 houses due to the fact that they didn't have a room big enough for my Belles. The houses I bought wasn't optimal but it did have a room that would be ok for them.

----------------

On 6/24/2005 7:09:37 AM kev313 wrote:

Thanks, Edwin!

The monoblocks are Wright Sound 3.5 (A 2a3 based amp; 3.5 watts).

The doors get opened when the system is turned on. To be honest though, none of this gear generates much heat.

The isolation platform is a Gingko Cloud 10.
It was a necessary type upgrade for me as the springy (creaky!) hardwood floors in my 85 year old bungalow were creating all sorts of difficulties for the Rega. ("OK, the records will play only when everyone is seated.") Subjectively does it sound better...blacker backgrounds and all of the other types of qualities associated with vibration control in the audio mags? I guess...my records don't skip anymore.
----------------

What are the 2A3 tubes you have in there Kevin? I've been playing with a couple of Wright 3.5 for the past few months. I just have the Sovteks that came with them.

----------------

On 6/24/2005 12:33:58 PM seti wrote:

----------------

Thanks! That wall is a few inches shy of 25'.

----------------

Did you buy the house based on the fact that it had a great wall for khorns?
9.gif

When I was looking at houses I actually dismissed 3 houses due to the fact that they didn't have a room big enough for my Belles. The houses I bought wasn't optimal but it did have a room that would be ok for them.

----------------

It's a quad with just a bit over 2300 sq ft. So the thought of having enough space to have seperate rooms on different floors for HT and two 2 Channel systems was the main driver. Being able to accomodate K-horns was pure luck!

Wes

Left from my computer. I have two 2 channel systems here. The khorns with a Blueberry and Wrights (today) and Heresys with a Foreplay and Jolida 302B and SW-15. As you can see, there are a few "extra" amps.

DSC01342.JPG

Pardon the mess, I'm batching for a few days while the wife is out of town.

Rick

post-12829-13819266798598_thumb.jpg