Where is the thread on reverse-engineered Jubilee??

bhendrix

If you use Acrobat Pro, you can scan directly into a pdf. Do them all as color scans as you will actually get more detail in the image, 300 dpi will work fine. You could do 600, but higher than that is unnecessary.

Someone with a newer laptop could record you talking, and have it converted to text, so it wouldn't need to be transcribed. Dragon Naturally Speaking would work for this.

I regret not having recordings of older family members, and you have wonderful historical information that simply cannot be lost. The technology is there to do this rather painlessly.

For a printed edition, how many pages front and back? What size pages? 8.5 x 11? I'll get quotes from all my friends here in the printing business.

Bruce

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll volunteer to do the work. If you send me photocopies I can scan and put them into a pdf file and post them here.

As you might know I've been posting quite a few articles here over the years.

If you're interested send me some e-mail or a PM through the forum and I'll send you my postal address.

Gil

• 3 years later...

If we are going to do this thing, then there needs to be a point person ( trying to be sensitive here) to coordinate the effort. I will post or e-mail everything I have on the Jubs, by why don't we take this a step further and post all of the technical data on all the home DIY variations and get organized. The Jubs, the Jamb's, the Cornscallas, and everything this forum has to offer. It has taken me a year to find dean's post on his crossover upgrade ( the one with all the glue from the hot glue gun 2004), it shouldn't be this unorganized with all of the tallent that is here.

If we are going to do this thing, then there needs to be a point person ( trying to be sensitive here) to coordinate the effort. I will post or e-mail everything I have on the Jubs, by why don't we take this a step further and post all of the technical data on all the home DIY variations and get organized. The Jubs, the Jamb's, the Cornscallas, and everything this forum has to offer. It has taken me a year to find dean's post on his crossover upgrade ( the one with all the glue from the hot glue gun 2004), it shouldn't be this unorganized with all of the tallent that is here.

If you guys would like, I would be glad to host the information on my web site. I can house files, create pages of information etc....and we can make it password restricted if you wish for the membership.

Let me add that I am willing to do this as long as Klipsch does not object for one reason or another. Klipsch has always been very responsive to me and I would respect their wishes.

If you guys would like, I would be glad to host the information on my web site. I can house files, create pages of information etc....and we can make it password restricted if you wish for the membership.

Let me add that I am willing to do this as long as Klipsch does not object for one reason or another. Klipsch has always been very responsive to me and I would respect their wishes.

OK, Rudy and I are in and started the process. There is a wealth of information and plans on this site that we are going to try and organize, verify and make accessable through a seperate FTP site with as many plans that we can get our hands on for forum members only. Let's get involved and start collecting what's out there.

• 2 years later...

There is a ton of stuff on the forum, not all of it accurate. There is also a JAES article outlining the geometry.

Use the search function and perpare to do your homework/\. Or you can buy the bass bin from Klipsch. That is the easiest and most reliable method.

There is a ton of stuff on the forum, not all of it accurate. There is also a JAES article outlining the geometry.

Use the search function and perpare to do your homework/\. Or you can buy the bass bin from Klipsch. That is the easiest and most reliable method.

I second "buy the bass bin from Klipsch."

• 3 months later...

Not to put words into his mouth but after Rigma built his pair of clones, I seem to recall him saying something like "had I known how much work it would end up being, I would have just bought them" (or some paraphrase of that)

Interestingly, he has since acquired another 5 or so bass bins (Jubilee bass bins) and bought them all.

Looks to me like a double-height La Scala with an extra horn fold around the outside... :blink2:

Holding the horn expansion tolerances (especially the inner folds) to something like ~1/8 inch (~3 mm) and sealing the air suspension inner chamber to be free of leaks looks to me to be the real problems in Doing It Yourself (DIY).

I sure do like the sound quality of the bass bins - coupled with SQ of the K-402 on top: there's nothing that I've heard that's like it.

Chris

• 6 months later...
Hello folks:

I found this now ancient thread and I think it should be revived. So long as there are no copyright infringements, the only issues are in scanning and distribution. A good all in one (AIO) scanner for inkjets or laser printers can be used. Cost $50-300, on sale. After Hurricane Katrina, I scanned most of my important documents. I agree with the scanning advice posted earlier. However color scanning does take longer. Perhaps you could do 10-20 pages per day. If PWK wrote on both the front and back of pages, experiment with white, black, grey, brown, etc paper at the other side of the letters to reduce bleed through from the opposite side while scanning. Distribution could be via a series of pdf or equivalent files, limited to 10 MB max per set. Perhaps the papers could be FedEx'd to Indy and after scanning, returned to you. Let the Klipsch folks scan them and then let Klipsch make them available. Maybe as a History and Technical Data link at the Forums. They had an unofficial historian a few years ago, Jim? Any possible copyright issues could also be addressed in this way.