Re-veneered Cornwalls

boomac

Many of you know I had some problems with the first attempt at having my Cornwalls re-veneered. I finally have them back from the second vendor and Im totally satisfied with the result. I may have preferred a darker finish but overall, I think they turned out beautiful. Was it worth the price? I dont know. The WAF is way up but if she knew the bottom line she might change her mind! I may have this shop re-veneer a pair of decorator Heresys in the same maple but with cherry wood around the drivers.

post-11564-1381928390414_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys. The boxes were done at R E Neumann Co. in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Oconomowoc, Wisconsin. I would call their pricing reasonable and Im convinced you get what you pay for. It probably helped having a mutual friend and getting to know the owner personally. The veneer, application and finishing totaled just over 1K. The veneer was a big part of it. Heres one more shot.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

post-11564-13819283925958_thumb.jpg

Hey Scott,

Very nice looking work. Just curious, how long did the job take? It seems to me that the better work a craftsman does, the longer it takes. My last refinish job was in the shop for a couple months. BTW, I sold them (Decorator Cornwalls) to a semi-famous session player keyboardist here in Los Angeles. He's going to use them in his home studio with his (hey Allan) B3. He's a really great guy and sits on the board at UCLA's Mancini Institute.

On another topic, what do you think of Luxilon string? I switched a couple of months ago and LOVE it. BTW, Josh and I are going out to Indian Wells today for a tennis orgy. Nothing but playing tennis, going to the Pacific Life and drinking beer. Should be big fun.

Love your speakers,

Chris