rplace

The moment it hit 4:20 today, a friend and I went into our local "pharmacy" to celebrate with the rest of the legal patients. Discounts off all house J's! Never heard of 7:14 though? How did that come about?

Of course I am posting this for historical interest only...

Culled from several web pages.

In 1972 it was the sixth best selling sedative on the market in the United States, where it was legally sold by the name of Quaalude, and luding out, was a popular college pastime.

Because of its alleged aphrodisiac and euphoric qualities it was known as the love drug at that time (the 70s).

In Canada in the late 60s and early 70s, MDA (the precursor of MDMA, or Ecstasy) was called the love drug, since it made people feel very friendly. The French speakers in Quebec even called it "ma drogue d'amour", which matched the acronym.

After MDA was banned sometime in the 70s, MDMA was introduced, since its molecular structure was sufficiently different from that of MDA to make it legal. Therefore, Ecstasy was one of the first "designer drugs", formulated to be both legal and intoxicating. Unfortunately, it can cause Parkinson's-like symptoms, sometimes permanently, a side effect that was not seen with MDA...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Ever notice that when you use this [6] little guy, before you click to post it looks like a six in [ ]. When I just put a 6 in the [ ] it also turns out like this[6], had to edit and not put them together.

• 3 years later...
  • Moderators

10 4, Hope you all had a great 4 20 on 4 20.....and everyday......

Great I must have toasted way to many brain cells over the years, I just realized the 4 20 date in all of this. If I were smart, which we have a conclusion on already [:S] I should try to save the last few cells, but why bother at this point really?

10 4, Hope you all had a great 4 20 on 4 20.....and everyday......

Great I must have toasted way to many brain cells over the years, I just realized the 4 20 date in all of this. If I were smart, which we have a conclusion on already Tongue Tied I should try to save the last few cells, but why bother at this point really?

i'd loan you mine; but it's the last brain cell that i have left.