Some of the best Klipsch sound Ive ever heard.

dtximages

I just want to tell everyone that my speaker arrangement is incredible! As you can see in the picture, i have a pair of Chorus IIs on the bottom, Forte IIs in the middle, and Quartets on top.

I hooked them up Alabama style by hooking the Chorus's (bottom) up directly to the amp, then doubled up the wire in the chorus's binding posts and ran a short wire to the forte and same thing with the quartet.

Now, i know this is technically not right and im sure a techy will freak out about ohms, impedence adn all that. but im sorry it ROCKS! its very very smooth and bass extention is good with some force you can feel when you get up to the -0 db range.

This set up, to me, is more pleasing and harder rocking than my cornwalls and la scalas. I love stacking klipsches haha.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i agree, i dont like the idea of the horns being vertical. however i have read alot of people "verticalizing" the la scala tweeter so i didnt figure it would screw things up that bad. but this sound from my Chorus/Forte/Quartet tower is just so robust and tallthat it sounds so good. the soundstage is great and it really seems like youre listening to a mans speaker haha.

im sure if i were to sit down in a good room and listen to mine vs. regular standing speakers the regular ones would have a more acurate soundstage as well as other things. but gosh, sitting behind these speakers listening to some quality recordings just makes me smile. the only speaker ive heard that gives me the wow factor like this are the bose accoustimass. who would have thought so much great sound out of something so small?

the horns sound fine to me. now i dont use this setup for detailed or intricate listening. its a horrible room anyway. these are my towers of fun and bragging rights to other boys. the only think i was kidding about was the bose.

as far as the load on the amp, im not technical to know the dangers. ok so theres a load but wow does it pump out the volume! ive had it up to -0 db several times with no signs of blowing up. what are the main dangers on the amp? i figured it would shut off.