Klipschorns NOT for sale

Deang

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dean,

Time to put the pristine sweethearts out on Audigon. You are an excellent photographer, from what I've seen. You can have a attractive presentation with your pics. I'd also suggest a link to a showoff thread on the forum.... kind of a document your Khorn elements thread.

The Jubilee HF project will be great fun.

I heard the BNC HF on Miss Valerie's Jubilee and think it's killer. Also, the horn on hers looks right for a living room and the sound is well... so sweet. If I could approximate that horn, it's what I'd want on Jubilees in my house.

I sure am confused about the Jubilee. I can't even figure out what it's supposed to look like let alone the guts of it. There's pics of a big black industrial looking thing with a massive horn, then the above, then the above but with a wooden horn to match the bottom bin that PWK is standing next to (pretty!).

Dean - I hope you sell them soon. I want to watch this. :)

Unfortunately this thread has gotten off track and I am probably one of the culprits.

Back on track .....

Dean is selling a pair of fantastic speaker cabinets. They appear to be in pristine condition. They have some fantastic modifications.

Someone is going to get a killer system!

Good luck,

-Tom

Dean:

My 2002 Khorns sold two weeks ago from Audiogon. I was asking $3,950 with no upgrades and settled for $3,700 for local pick up by a nice person from Portland. He drove up in his Suburban with two other friends but couldn't get the third bench seat out before leaving his house....ended up staying at a hotel for the night and renting an U-haul the next morning. He is very happy with his purchase.

Your newer Khrons have, by my quick calculations, ~$1,700 upgrades in addition. Thus, if you would list the Khorns for the wider audience on Audiogon, you will sell them soon, IMO.

Ki

I've decided to keep, and not list my Klipschorns.

Oh the disappointment of having to listen to a pair of 2nd rate speakers.

I listen to them every night, and every night they bring a smile to my face.

Jubilee's may still be in your future (and perhaps mine also). It is just a matter of timing. Life will always be filled with unexpected surprises.

Good Luck,

-Tom

8 pages in this thread and it comes down to this.

Ha, ha.

Mostly just don't have the time or energy to deal with it. Al's departure also got me all sentimental about my non-anechoically measured top section with all the phase problems and crappy polar response. It does take a lot out of me constantly reminding my ears that the great sound is just an illusion.

8 pages in this thread and it comes down to this.

Ha, ha.

Mostly just don't have the time or energy to deal with it. Al's departure also got me all sentimental about my non-anechoically measured top section with all the phase problems and crappy polar response. It does take a lot out of me constantly reminding my ears that the great sound is just an illusion.

What happened to Al?