OT: real or fake tree

jacksonbart

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fake tree for the first time in 23 years,the best part is I dont have to cut the thing then try to get it in the stand and listen to the general tell me that it needs to go this way or that.

Now here is a man talking my language. Also who needs the GD needles all over the floor.

come on, chin up, put a tree.

FAKE..................only way to fly............If it was up to me, My Dream tree would be on a POSTER, put it up, take it down. No water, no l;ights, no needles, no fuss nio muss........................BAH HUMBUG......................I really don't like Christmas..........but, I play the Game with a Smile.................

• Moderators

Nice pix Ray, btw, a good starting point for dragging the shutter for Christmas lights is 1 second.

No decor for me this year. The N.O. trip was over the weekends when decorating would normally take place. Besides I'm not expecting any holiday company. Why bother?

I think it was Michael that said, "enjoy your holidays. Just leave me out of them." That is a tough request for people that really care about him, like all 21 of us dtels.[:(]

Christmas is always special at the dtel house, especially since my birthday is Christmas Day!!![<:o)][^][G]

Michael, I promise not to think about you on Christmas Day![*-)]

FAKE..................only way to fly............If it was up to me, My Dream tree would be on a POSTER, put it up, take it down. No water, no l;ights, no needles, no fuss nio muss........................BAH HUMBUG......................I really don't like Christmas..........but, I play the Game with a Smile.................

I concur. This year I have been avoiding all the snacks and those cookies people have been handing out at work. Now only if we could get a fake tree.

OB you crack me up, I have a feeling you play the role of Scrooge but are really an old softy.

Anyway, now that our basement HT is finished we put up 2 real trees. One 9 foot Frasier Fir in the living room as always, in front of a big window, this is the Christmas morning tree. And the second, a 7 foot Frasier in the basement in the corner next to the right main Chorus and Velodyne sub. With the lights on it gives the HT some atmosphere while watching Christmas movies. I'm a traditionalist so I use little Italian Christmas lights (clear) on everything. If Santa brings me that Nikon D80 I've been hinting about I'll post pictures. I wouldn't mind a Klipsch logo ornament though.... Amy?

By the way do you know why those little lights are called Italian Christmas lights?

I love our pre-lit fake. I like live trees a lot and miss their scent. With care, live trees are usually safe, but being an ex-firefighter, I've seen the damage first hand that those critters can cause very quickly, not to mention the potential loss of life. Additionally, with our confined space in this tiny house of ours, it would be difficult to find a live tree of the proper dimensions that will fill our alotted space and still look good.

Our 7-1/2 foot, "Chicago Slim" tree from Sears:

post-10177-1381931809103_thumb.jpg

Real. My daughter and I make a day of picking it out. We go about 6 weeks before Christmas and choose our tree. 3 weeks later, we go and have them cut it down for us. There's something about the fresh tree smell that our brains equate with Christmas. For the first week or so, it drinks 4 of the large plastic drink tumblers of water a day!

We have a spot up in the mountains where we usually get our "official" Christmas tree. It's a fun day for us. It wouldn't feel like Christmas without tromping through the snow and hacking down a wild tree, but I also have a collection of five or six aluminum Christmas trees and we usually put one up somewhere in the house with the rotating color wheel spotlight. I think they're very cool. We're getting tons of company and I haven't have time to put up one of the "evergleams" this year - maybe this weekend.

If the wife objects to a fake tree, there's always another solution.

post-17394-138193180921_thumb.jpg

(Fake).........The wife dresses the house up nice each year, inside and out. Our tree for the last couple years has been a 5' tall fiber optic and it works well enough, down side would be no more ornaments to hang which is pretty cool and the variety of ornaments is out of this world.