hey deano (snipers and the jub envious, STAY AWAY)

bodcaw boy

Amy--

You're right. I guess I don't understand why some people get so worked up about the Jubilee--but the very mention of this speaker seems to really BOTHER some folks, not just Parrot.

I sure would like to hear the Jubilee--I doubt I would ever own a pair given my currect living space, but one day--WHO KNOWS?

By the way, the "finished" version photoshoped elsewhere is NOT "plug ugly." Huge? Impractical in most living environments? Sure, but I could certainly live with them if I had the space!!!

Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to hear a pair . . .

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nobody answered any of my stupid questions. How much does the total speaker weigh? The Jub bass bin looks twice as complex as a K-horn and has thicker plywood. How much would it cost Klipsch to manufacture these speakers? My guess would be around $6,500 each or more.

JJK

Before the Jubilees made it into peoples homes the discussions on the forums were more polite and enthusiastic. I can even remember the first post Roy made on a Jubilee thread to answer questions for us. I really don't understand the friction this has caused. It would be more fun if PWK was here to flash the bs button but alas that won't happen. The Jubilee Klipschorn may not be "Heritage" but it is certainly Heritage in philosophy and is the culmination of all PWKs work especially the bass bin with the ability to acheive a 2 way full range speaker system. This was a long time goal of PWK. You can argue about what horn to put on the top of it till the cows come home and we probably will. The klipsch folded bass horns are wonderful all of them but at least we got one more bass bin from PWK. At the end of his life PWK started to embrace tractrix horns so what is wrong with the horns chosen? Is it exactly what he would have chosen or approved of I don't know exactly but we do have an amazing final bass bin to build upon. At least Roy was there to work on this creation with PWK and knows precisely what the project goals were. I like klipsch Heritage speakers because they seem to be one of the most inclusive speakers with their high sensitivity your ability to chosen amplifiers and components is broadened not narrowed.

• Moderators

Allan,
We'll have to get you to come to a Pilgrimage one of these years! It would be a pleasure to finally meet you.

Rigma,

I hadn't seen that picture before...that's beautiful!

JJKIZAK

The folks who bought these from klipsch spent in the area of 7K for the drivers and cabs and about 1K for the active crossover.

Klipsch does in fact sell these today.

Rigma.

You have done a fantastic job. Great work. The bass bin is what it should look like.

No matter how you finish the top half of your creation....it will look funny to me. It is not the overall hxwxd that is the issue to me, it is the shape of that horn. If I have 402's in a new house, they will be hidden behind a decorative sound fabric with molding around it....to enclose that corner of the room.

This thread was to hear Deans opinion. He already gave that and it would be a nice thing to hear an update. This is an open thread. So it is an invitation for anyone to give there opinion and make comments of others opinions. You can't disinvite members from the startup. That further causes seperation upon members. Up until now, people have been reluctant of prividing criticism of the Jubilee because it gets nasty.....not taken easily. Well that is too bad. I have heard it and it is great. I think the bass bin is the best part. It is what it is. People need to hear it and make up there OWN MIND. Don't follow other opinions. Go to Indy and hear it first hand.

Again...I think the 510 need the strong audition this time in stereo with a passive.

jc

Seti - Well, what WAS PK's vision for the Jub? That's what I still don't know.

Roy - please fill me in..... Was the vision to have these in commercial settings behind the scenes - or a higher end home system that would be written about/reviewed in audiophile mags, etc? All I know is I've seen the pic of him with the pretty version and can only guess the latter was his intention?

Dean - If you do this review.... I hope & expect you to be blazingly honest (ala Craigish) and not hold back one iota. And, are your khorns still in that room to go back to for reference if you don't have a perfect ear memory?

I am glad the thread is back.

I am here to learn about the Jubilee and I am also here to get inspired (Rigma's pictorial makes this look achievable). I am already thinking about my own personal modifications (at heart I am have been bitten by curiosity and I am a tweaker).

However, I will again confess that I am jealous and envious: "I want the Jubilee experience".

I am also quite interested in everyone's opinion about the sound.

-Tom

PWK's vision was to finish the Jubilee and sell it to consumers; he didn't tell me, so I must assume based on the available evidence. We should be happy Roy pursued the dream and made something available.

When Dean does a formal review, I hope those with Khorns have the money to upgrade or they will be frustrated. I know what it is making me do.

Maybe it is just me but I think the smaller horn looks strange on top of the Jubilee bass bin, sort of a robot look if that makes sense. The 402 looks proportionally just right to me. I still haven't decided whether to cover it with cloth or not, it really looks good with just plugging the holes with black button head screws. My wife is a great decorator and she likes the look also. Although we do like the photoshop version that bill did. The photos do not look as good as the real thing mostly due to lighting. The room is on the dark side since it is also the theater room. The 402,s almost looks covered from the seating position but the flash lights it up and exaggerates the look in the photos. Where is colter when you need him?

rigma

When Dean does a formal review, I hope those with Khorns have the money to upgrade or they will be frustrated. I know what it is making me do.

Not me! I've found a few reviews around here to be BS in my real world. Or over agrandizement. Or a bit kissy face to the maker (good 'ole boys club stuff). I don't lust after anything anymore unless I've heard it myself. I've learned my lesson.

Not me! I've found a few reviews around here to be BS in my real world. Or over agrandizement. Or a bit kissy face to the maker (good 'ole boys club stuff). I don't lust after anything anymore unless I've heard it myself. I've learned my lesson.

Speaking of... how them JBL's faring in the "competition"? (I know its off topic so you can use it as filler as we wait Dean's comments)

I resemble that remark[:D] Had to be speaking of one of mine, hehehehe[;)]. When it comes to committable review offenses, I think I've committed them all! I'm not an audio reveiwer, I just play one on Klipsch forum......hehehehe....

Deans reniew is antisapated with baited breadth.....As Paul Klipsch would say to me, bring on your brass nucks,,a good debate is welcome...He needed this to hone his design.....Im sure in the years to come the Jubilee will grow into a classic of its own......I probably wonte live to see that....But thats how the classic Khorn evolved.....All by discripted word of mouth. Im glad to see Roy stand by its side and others here describing its great sound.

Rigma. yes...the 510 looks dumb on its own sittin there. However, the appropriate enclosure like what is on top of a Khorn looks good. Just like what I did with my dbb's and just what I'm about to do with my 510's coming. That same style enclosure for a 402 won't look right....IMO.

Don't take this personally by all means. You've done the ultimate on the bass bin. I just don't think there is a way to have that large horn on top of the jubilee with or w/o an enclusure that will suit my tastes. Yes...that photoshop image with the 402 enclosure makes the top proportional with the bottom but doesn't have an overall shape that is appealing to me.

jc

I guess the waiting joke is going to be on all of us when we later find out that Dean has just left for a 2 month extended vacation to the South Pacific and has no clue anyone is interested in his comments....

[ip]