Congratulations Bob Riff

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So great to hear the waver in his voice when he heard his name was drawn. No one was breathing when the tag was drawn.

Sounds like he's got new space becoming available in his house now that 2 sons are moving out. Really going to be a new chapter in his life, I'm sure.

Congrats on the win, and be sure to keep us in the loop on all of your experiences getting the up and running!

Kimball

I have to really say that the staff NUTS [:P] that went out of their way to put on this event definately deserve a major kudos, also to the rest of the people behind the scenes, and especially Trey Cannon, Amy Unger, and Michael Colter. For Fred Klipsch to sit and answer our questions, interacting with the forum crowd shows a level of desire and passion to really understand the demographics that shape the products of the future.

These sorts of events are not cheap to put on, and the length of planning that goes on is beyond the scope of most people. I helped put on a drag race on a frozen river, and the volunteers put in many days and nights of long hours. From planning porta-potty rentals, food, alcohol, licences, permits, insurance and so on. Getting all these things together takes time. I have to hand it to the volunteers that came in on their day off to show US the facility.

To Fred Klipsch, the people fuel the passion behind the product, are the soul of the organization, and you have a formidable team. Keep up the great work, I hope to see all of you next year, and congratulations to all the winners of the day.

We're all pleased that they went to a real Klipsch lover, and one that took quite a bit of time to come and visit Klipsch yesterday!

Nice folks - Bob and his son Joe. Many of you might remember that Joe and I split a Klipsch eBay purchase recently. I had won a set of Forte II & Academy in Oiled Oak. I didn't need the Forte II (I know- heresy, right?). Joe wanted them so he did me the favor of picking up the lot, holding my Academy, and bringing it down to me yesterday. Everybody won on that deal.

Good deeds rarely go unpunished, and his Father won the Jubilees last night.

Dtel won his CWIII's after picking up LSI's and holding for me a couple of years back.

Picky won HIII after being host to me on the day I made my first long road trip to pick up Klipsch, again LSI's several years ago.

Does anyone see a trend developing? [;)]

Michael

We're all pleased that they went to a real Klipsch lover, and one that took quite a bit of time to come and visit Klipsch yesterday!

Nice folks - Bob and his son Joe. Many of you might remember that Joe and I split a Klipsch eBay purchase recently. I had won a set of Forte II & Academy in Oiled Oak. I didn't need the Forte II (I know- heresy, right?). Joe wanted them so he did me the favor of picking up the lot, holding my Academy, and bringing it down to me yesterday. Everybody won on that deal.

Good deeds rarely go unpunished, and his Father won the Jubilees last night.

Dtel won his CWIII's after picking up LSI's and holding for me a couple of years back.

Picky won HIII after being host to me on the day I made my first long road trip to pick up Klipsch, again LSI's several years ago.

Does anyone see a trend developing? [;)]

Michael

got any household chores i can help you with????

Thanks guys.

Sorry it took me so long to respond but we just got home from Indy. (Had to stop and take a tour of the Speedway while I was there )[:)]

I was indeed flabbergasted when my name was called. As I told several people afterward, I think I know how a contestant on The Price Is Right feels when they win a new car. [:D] Thought my heart was going to go into fibrillation.

I'll be sure to post some pictures when I get them set up.

Thanks again to Trey, Michael, Amy and the rest of the team for providing us with a great time. People coming in on their weekends to help out shows real Esprit de Corps. . Klipsch must be one great company to work for to inspire such dedication in their employees.

Hope to see all of you next year.

Bob

Congrats Mr. Bob Riff. This is DTELS middle daughter (aka: Just_like_dtel). Last year my parents were sitting in your shoes so I know you must be thrilled.

As I said last year, Thanks KLIPSCH and all of the dedicated employees who make KLIPSCH happen. I'm not a regular attendee but I know the joys that my parents have found being members of this forum and that says alot. They don't have very many close friends (by their own choosing). So in order for them to continue to be a part of this, it must be something special.

Even for those who don't win speakers, the friendships developed here are uncomparable! I have not had the pleasure of meeting any but COLTER and he's a pretty awesome feller! Hopefully, next year will bring us to Indy (or Hope) or wherever all you fine people can be found!

Michael,

Need anything picked up in NC? We're heading there Friday for about a week.

Ben

p.s. Congratulations Bob! I'm new to this Forum and would've felt guilty (almost) winning. Jubilees would be a bit overwhelming as a start to a Klipsch collection.