Garage sale booty, or How to score Cornwalls by Jeremy

capo72

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I would be happy just running into some prerecorded 7" reel to reel tapes once in awhile. If anyone runs into these please let me know, or someone selling an entire record collection, at least 750 lps, even up to 5000.

If anyone is looking for something in particular please let me know and I will keep my eyes open (other then the obvious things like $25 CW's, or 10 C-30's). If I do run into such a steal, I will offer it to a forum brother.

Travis

I would be happy just running into some prerecorded 7" reel to reel tapes once in awhile.

Travis

Travis, I think it would be a great idea if some of us could copy what AK has set up. I have offered to send out a 1-3 10.5" pre-recorded R2R tapes, so we could each review the quality of each of our systems, and what type of music we actually prefer and listen to on a daily basis.

If anyone is interested in this "tape swapping", please let me know.

Mark

Living in a city that had an Audio King/Ultimate Electronics for many years that was a Klipsch dealer I wouldn't be surprised if some Klipsch speakers showed up at garage sales around here from time to time. Guess I'll have to start stopping at them now!

What a great story and an incredible score! We are living in a golden age--the downsizing and downgrading of audio has made stuff like this possible. Thanks for sharing...it gives renewed hope to the rest of us garage sale scavengers that we will win the lottery some day!

Triceratops

WOW! Great score and great tale. I've been in those shoes before and know the rapid heartbeat and sweat stains very well. You described it perfectly. I'll bet your voice was shaking the whole time and you probably couldn't wait to get out of there should someone else stop by and see what was loaded in your truck!

Is that a TD124 I see in your room?

The price tag!

Out of the goodness of my heart and love for my fellow man, I will offer you the opportunity to double your money. [;)]

Super score there Capo. Talk about the deal of a lifetime. Very nice, congrats.

WOW! Great score and great tale. I've been in those shoes before and know the rapid heartbeat and sweat stains very well. You described it perfectly. I'll bet your voice was shaking the whole time and you probably couldn't wait to get out of there should someone else stop by and see what was loaded in your truck!

Is that a TD124 I see in your room?

Thanx Gary, I know it's not free K-horns, but still not bad [;)] Yes that is my TD124. One of my many current projects is building a new heavy plinth trimmed in dovetailed mahogany to match my BBX. I also am cleaning up an SME 3009 so I can completely overhaul the TD124. No idea on a cart yet though. I followed along your TD124 experience and am glad you are happy with it.

Jeremy