XMAS 07 SELF GIFTING ..what are you getting

johnyholiday

• Moderators

Well not really for me, but I think I will be driving to TN, Coytee's neck of the woods, to get my wife a new Great Pyrenees puppy for Christmas.

http://great-pyrenees-dogs-puppies-for-sale.com/

I am more exited about getting her this then anything I could get myself. Besides, he will end up liking me better then her anyway.[:^)]

Travis

"XMAS 07 SELF GIFTING ..what are you getting"

Hopefully Crites tweeters, some midhorn drivers, a pair of T2A's, and a couple 2.4 mh inductors.......but it'll be well beyond xmas when that happens.

I wore the hide off the back of my hands sanding that back panel between the doghouse and the side panels. Fortunately, the stain was a light color, and lightly applied.

I hate stain....if you want it to look like a certain type of wood.....buy that certain type of wood or veneer......

I never could get it when I did hardwood floor installs for awhile.....Ok, I want red oak or hickory. Now I want this nasty dark brown crap slathered all over it.....Why?!

It never seems to apply consistent, no matter how you buff and baby that floor. And you best keep a couple gallons of that exact mix stain around for when the floor gets damaged. And even then, the wood darkens over time, along with the stain. If you want a dark wood floor, buy dark wood! I've yet to see a stained floor that impressed me......rant over....

post-6643-13819354222076_thumb.jpg

but I think I will be driving to TN, Coytee's neck of the woods

You're still probably 2 hours away? (maybe 3?) Chattanooga is about 90 minutes from me.

If you DO swing up this way and want to have a Jube-Jam, just lemme know. You are welcome to come by. Probably go to Mikes too.

Wife is working (fancy retail jewelry store) so she's going to be working every day from now til Xmas. Besides... might be nice to have another opinion on where to have JubeStock were it to happen.

I constantly self-gift. It just so happens my new (to me) Cherry RSW-15 will be delivered a few days before Christmas this year. No, I haven't told my wife yet. Do you think she'll notice when it shows up in the corner and the black RSW-12 is gone? It's only 3 inches bigger on all sides and about 30lbs heavier (not that she ever lifted the 12!). I suppose I'll tell her when Scott shows up with the box in his truck. "Oh, I forgot to tell you honey......" or "Merry Christmas Dear! You've been such a good girl this year that Santa bought you this new subwoofer that better matches the furniture. We knew you'd love it!"

• Moderators

but I think I will be driving to TN, Coytee's neck of the woods

You're still probably 2 hours away? (maybe 3?) Chattanooga is about 90 minutes from me.

If you DO swing up this way and want to have a Jube-Jam, just lemme know. You are welcome to come by. Probably go to Mikes too.

Wife is working (fancy retail jewelry store) so she's going to be working every day from now til Xmas. Besides... might be nice to have another opinion on where to have JubeStock were it to happen.

Thanks Richard, it would be right after Xmas, and I will keep you up to date on it.

Travis