Yo :)

meagain

I miss my Klipsch guys. Been having issues around here which are now stablized and actually something good happened to us at the end of it all in the last few days so I can breathe.

I've not listened to a spec of music off my system in several months. We disconnected it and use our low-level HK all-in one for TV. Only been listening to music in the car. It was previously sounding fantastic till Craig stole my beloved capacitors. Then once I plugged everything back in, there was a hum. I think it was my Jolida CDP. Hubby and I looked at each other in disbelief and said "screw it" and disconnected everything. I have some internal defence mechanism that kicks in every time I entertain the thought of puzzling through a fix that stops me from delving. I miss sitting down for a hard listening session. I miss music from my khorns. Just can't deal with another project yet.

I hope everyone here is well and no disasters have happened in my absence. Kisses!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss my Klipsch guys
[{][}]
Been having issues around here
[:(]
which are now stablized and actually something good happened to us at the end of it all in the last few days so I can breathe.
[:D] [Y]
I've not listened to a spec of music off my system in several months
[:(]
We disconnected it and use our low-level HK all-in one for TV
[:@]
Only been listening to music in the car. It was previously sounding fantastic [Y] till Craig stole my beloved capacitors [:P]
Then once I plugged everything back in, there was a hum
[N]
I think it was my Jolida CDP
[st]
Hubby and I looked at each other in disbelief and said "screw it" and disconnected everything.
[st] [li] [st]
I have some internal defence mechanism that kicks in every time I entertain the thought of puzzling through a fix that stops me from delving
[*-)]
I miss sitting down for a hard listening session
[ip]
I miss music from my khorns
[:'(]
Just can't deal with another project yet.
[+o(]
I hope everyone here is well
[Y]
and no disasters have happened in my absence
[~]
Kisses!
[:$]

Welcome back woman!! You know the get together is in a handful of weeks in Indy??

Hey Hey!!!! Glad to see you're still on the planet.....

Those caps we ended up with are GOOD caps. I've run these amps since last August (when we last spoke) and they have broken in VERY nicely....they walk a very good line between being resolute and smooth, a very musical cap that has me forgetting about that issue. I am very addicted to the VRDs. Had some issues while trying out the Genelex reissue KT88 (I'm here to tell you don't bother with those in VRDs), but am otherwise completely thrilled with how these amps sound.

Once you are ready to tackle setting up the system again, feel free to ask for any assistance I can provide.

Welcome back!

You are experiencing exactly what I was, except in my case it was with my 92 Corvette. I had gone thru a 2 yr period where I put about $30K into the car turning it into a road racer, but still legal on the street. After sinking all this money into her, I still couldn't get it to run right, and everyone I took it to just took my money and it continued to run the same way. Finally, the transmission went and I could no longer put it into 1st or 2nd gear, and just said to hell with it. The car has sat in my garage for 2 years and I haven't even attended a Club meeting or function since then. It just really soured me, and I just needed some time away from it.

I plan on getting her back on the road later this year, and am uncertain what I will do with the car. I have owned it for 13 years and have put my heart and soul into it (as well as my wallet), but more than likely I will just sell it for a tremendous loss. If I do that I might just be getting a pair of Jubs or Palladiums. [:D]

BTW, glad to see you are doing ok, and hope to see you posting again. You have definitely been missed around here.

Mike

You are experiencing exactly what I was, except in my case it was with my 92 Corvette. I had gone thru a 2 yr period where I put about $30K into the car turning it into a road racer, but still legal on the street. After sinking all this money into her, I still couldn't get it to run right, and everyone I took it to just took my money and it continued to run the same way. Finally, the transmission went and I could no longer put it into 1st or 2nd gear, and just said to hell with it. The car has sat in my garage for 2 years and I haven't even attended a Club meeting or function since then. It just really soured me, and I just needed some time away from it.

I plan on getting her back on the road later this year, and am uncertain what I will do with the car. I have owned it for 13 years and have put my heart and soul into it (as well as my wallet), but more than likely I will just sell it for a tremendous loss. If I do that I might just be getting a pair of Jubs or Palladiums. Big Smile

Hmm, you might be having Corvette Reaction. The (not that old) machine eats all your money until you're sick of it. I had a 1971 coupe from 1977 until 1979 and after two years of putting money into it every month, the car was in worse shape than when I bought it. These weren't upgrades, either, just maintenance and repairs. It was all stock, with the base engine. I did some calculations and saw that this would be an ongoing trend, so I sold it for what I'd paid and bought a $75 Dodge Dart. That got me around cheaply for a couple of years, until I was in the mood to spend money to get a decent car again.

It wasn't just me, either. I knew a couple of other guys who drove junkers for a while after owning Corvettes. Maybe 'Vettes are the kind of car that are best bought new, so you know it's properly looked after. The new ones are likely way better, but the old ones sure needed money and attention all the time.

Mine was 3 years old when I bought it, and it had 29k miles on it. It now has 66k miles and most of those were at 4k rpm and higher. [:D]

I have always loved this car and have been tinkering with it from the beginning. Mild bolt ons at first, and then heads, cam and headers, and then a couple years later went the 383 route after spinning a rod bearing while at Sebring.That's when I went to Wilwoods, Accusump, McLeod clutch, Mocal oil cooler, etc, and it just never stopped throwing money at it. It's a disease for sure. At some point you just have to throw your hands up.

Mike

Mine was a bit of a different story. It had only 64k miles showing when I bought it, so I was surprised when the cam sprocket failed the next year, while I was driving in a blizzard. It was able to limp home, and I replaced the sprocket and chain outside in a parking lot under a tarp in January in below-zero conditions. The tarp over the hood kept out the wind and snow of a Toronto winter. I should have replaced the water pump at the same time, as it failed less than six months later. I always carried coat hangers to make on-road exhaust system repairs, since there were problems there a few times, too.

Buying the car from one of those used Corvette dealers was probably a bad idea. It likely had far more miles on it than were showing on the odometer.

Driving a $75 Dodge Dart after having a gold Corvette coupe might have bothered the self-image of some car cultists, but not being one, I didn't care, partly because my motorcycle was my primary transport then.

I plan on getting her back on the road later this year, and am uncertain what I will do with the car. I have owned it for 13 years and have put my heart and soul into it (as well as my wallet), but more than likely I will just sell it for a tremendous loss. If I do that I might just be getting a pair of Jubs or Palladiums. Big Smile

Palladiums? What the heck is a Palladium? Oh! Klipsch has a new speaker out?