In Memory Of Paul Parrot... RIE

Gilbert

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yezzir, it got my attention. There were a few times I'd gladly have put a few shots into his hull, but certainly would not have been pleased to hear of his demise. After all, if you can't stand the heat, go SS...

There IS a difference between virtual and eternal rest.

Dave

My thoughts exactly Gregg, perhaps RIE (Rebel in Exile) would be more approriate.

DONE, sorry for the scare. And I'm sure he's lurking around here somewhere.... heheheheh

Here's the link to the

I miss Paul. I know he ruffled a few feathers around here, but I think a lot of it was just to see some of these guys get all bent out of shape. [:D]

I have never met him personally, but I'm sure our paths will cross one day. Paul, if you're reading this, I hope things are well with you and yours.

Mike

I spent some time wiuth him at the AK Fest. He was adding to his huge classical LP collection. Maybe it is at 4000 LPs or more.

He is a much more passive antagonist in person. His carreer as an editor certainly was evident in his pointing out the lack of logic in poorly thought out statements. Trolling as an art form was a hobby of Paul.

The forum rides the fence between passionate conflict and respect for members. Paul had occassion to fall on the wrong side of the fence.

Holy Cow! I read this thread title and thought the worst. I too had the occasion to hang out with the Parrot, at The Pilgrimage and at the AK fest a few years ago. He is, in person, one heck of a guy. If you're reading this Paul, Hello!

I spent some time wiuth him at the AK Fest. He was adding to his huge classical LP collection. Maybe it is at 4000 LPs or more.

He is a much more passive antagonist in person. His carreer as an editor certainly was evident in his pointing out the lack of logic in poorly thought out statements. Trolling as an art form was a hobby of Paul.

The forum rides the fence between passionate conflict and respect for members. Paul had occassion to fall on the wrong side of the fence.

I miss Paul too. He's among the people on the forum I'd like to meet in person.

It wasn't really being on the wrong side of the fence that got him in trouble. As you say, "Trolling as an art form was a hobby of Paul."

I agree. [;)] His technique was near perfect.

• Moderators

Agree or disagree,I think the forum is lesser without him and several others from the past.

I agree. It's a shame some find it impossible to adhere to (what I consider) simple requests.

Yep, I miss his 'droppings'. Some were apparently a bucketfull and crossed a line. Maybe if he changes his 'diet' for the better, he would be welcomed back? It's not up to me and I don't know the exact communications, but if possible it should be his initiative? I have a weakness for parrots. When I lived in San Diego I often walked around with an African Grey on my shoulder, Kizuku, nicknamed monster. Almost lost my fingers before he finally decided we should be friends... And yes I was always covered with shxx. [H]. Funny enough a great way to meet girls (and a great way to get expelled out of public transport and malls) Damn hippies! [;)][:D]. Ok I'm derailing again, sorry.

Hey Timmi, we have an african gray as well, Pepito. He's a real hoot, he call the cat's "Here kitty, kitty, kitty" then trys to bite their tails when they walk by. We purchased him while he was still naked, not even a pin feather. They make excellent pets.

I also miss the sarcastic wit of P.P. Wink

Sputnik never lived up to the Job, after Paul was gone .. Embarrassed

Scumbag. I'm just trying to be loveable these days. [A]

We had a couple of respectful disagreements but I can't remember ever having cross words with Mr. Parrot. I doubt that he took himself too seriously. He was able to bait with finesse and wit - I admired that.

Hmmm. Dukie, I think you just baited me into this thread.