Bye Bye Bud

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everything is changing so fast ............. I feel like I've been left behind, the world is passing me bye, too many changes ..... maybe it's time to retreat to my cave and drop out .............. What's next ???? ......

Over 55+ Community Living.....................[^o)]

My favorite beer is.....the NEXT one! LOL But, seriously folks......

I have no issue with Budwiser lovers. Everyone has their favorites and I can't argue with that. The fun part is just having the oppotunity to enjoy a beer and to share one with a pal. If that pal offers me a Bud, even though it's not my first choice, I'm drinking Bud and with no complaints and a smile on my face! [:D]

Beer is good and I prefer mine ice cold. What's my favorite? Sampling home brews! But, as for store-bought beers: Carib Lager, brewed in Trinidad and Tobago, in the Caibbean. It has a somewhat bitter, pungent, northern Europe character to it (and to think I don't care for Heiniken which is similar). If you like Corona, I feel Carib is much better. But you can sit on the beach in the hot sun and enjoy it all day long with a lime twist and with no headache, fullness or heartburn like some beers tend to exhibit. It's not sold in Michigan yet, but I can buy it in Ohio or Ontario, Canada which are both fairly close by. In the Caribbean, the locals pronounce Carib either "Care-Rib" or "Ker-Reeb".

What's my least favorite beer? In the 1970's while I was in the Navy and stationed in Fallon, Nevada, I was living on a sailors salary. One weekend I was reduced to drinking what I consider my absolute-worst choice for beer: BUCKHORN LAGER (then brewed by Hamms). The $1.63 a six-pack price should have been a warning sign for me but no! One beer and I had a splitting headache! Oh, it was awful.

WARNING: If you see this label - STOP DRINKING!!!!

post-10177-13819380400334_thumb.jpg

post-10177-13819391846938_thumb.jpg

I am going to the craft brew/ home brew competitions this weekend at the Del Mar Fair (now officially known as the San Diego County Fair). I love sampling the wares at these events. But basically I am with Picky my favorite beer is the next one. [Y] [H]

I am going to the craft brew/ home brew competitions this weekend at the Del Mar Fair (now officially known as the San Diego County Fair). I love sampling the wares at these events. But basically I am with Picky my favorite beer is the next one. BeerYesCool

Bummer for us (Verna and I). We were hoping you and your bride might be in Indy this weekend. [:(]

Just found this post, and my info may be incocorect, But I was to the understanding that A/B was attempting to purchase the other 50% of Modello sp?, as they already own half. This is an attempt to become a larger company than InBev could afford to purchase.

Not exactly sure, would sure hate to see this happen. I wonder why a company as large as A/B would have left themselves vulnerable to a buyout anyway. Surely there are smaller companies that InBev would have swallowed before A/B. Like Coors or Heliaman's. Seems kind of odd that A/B's just now trying to protect themselves.

Maybe the Busch's have been secretly buying large amounts of InBev stocks and have decided to "Cash out" on A/B, only to become wealthier and still have their hands in the world beer market.

As far as Budwieser taste. It's fine, but gives me the "Scoots". I prefer Busch over Bud. But around here, Busch is just as expensive as Bud, so I drink Stag. It tastes exactly like Busch, except it is not quite as sweet.

I must say that I've recently had and enjoyed Michelob Amber Ultra. Now that's a really good beer. When I find it on sale for around $10 per 12 pack, I buy it instead of the $6.30 Stag.

I hate it when economics play into pleasure, but in my area, a A/B product at the bar is at least $2.75 each, a Stag is $1.65. I leave the $.35 to the bartender and everybody's happy.

• Moderators

I can't drink Budweiser, taste nasty to me, the light or any of their others are ok, but not the original Bud ?

Draft beer is my favorite over anything in a can or bottle.