• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• I suggest before you buy anything that you try the r-15m bookshelves in the area you want to setup your system to see how good you can get the imaging/soundstage and tonal balance of the setup. If you have a subwoofer to test with as well that would be even better to give you an idea of what you can expect and an understanding of where you would like to improve the system once you get this baseline experience.   Heresy lll (F3 ~58Hz) and Heresy lV (F3 ~48Hz) Forte lll (F3 ~38Hz) and Forte lV (F3 ~38Hz) Cornwall ? Depending on model version the (F3 is approximately 34Hz to 38Hz) Chorus ll (F3 ~39Hz) La Scala (F3 ~51Hz)   Since you stated that room treatments aren’t likely to be an option and also your setup locations are pretty limited that really only leaves the option of which speakers gives you the most versatility in placement and any (visual concerns like physical size of the speakers come into play which is a personal taste factor as well as placement option factor).   When it comes to dealing with room/setup acoustical issues the options are room treatments and possibly increasing the direct to reflective ratio (ie: moving the speakers closer to the listener and farther away from the room boundaries (ie: corners and walls).   Physically smaller speakers tend to have advantages in being less visually obtrusive and physically less placement limited which can help with challenging acoustical room issues.   A separate subwoofer crossed higher with the mains can also allow more freedom to find the best main loudspeakers and subwoofer setup locations acoustically speaking in a room where setup and room treatments options are very limited.   Another option I have seen used is to have a setup where the main loudspeakers are placed for best visual appeal most of the time but when serious  higher quality listening is desired they can be moved into less compromised positions to enjoy.   I’m mostly trying to give you some ideas for options that you might want to explore to make the best personal choices for your unique situation.   miketn🙂
    • All this post has taught me is that I need to find new friends 😂   Those look amazing!
    • You can buy those in the link below   https://www.d-t-s.at/nordost-odin-2-supreme-reference-interconnects-xlr-12715.10?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw1K-zBhBIEiwAWeCOF1GlHzpxdxyK743h53T_J6cHC-88thuO3U78sPoElgwJQJvfvO7zEhoCWF0QAvD_BwE   or this ones which I use   https://www.syntexshop.de/canare-l-4e6s-mikrofon-star-quad-kabel-6-0mm-xlr-m-xlr-f-2m    
    • @Jhakobe Superb restauration! I own KG1.5 & 3.5 myself. For an upcoming project concerning my 3.5 I´d like to know how You changed the fabric on the grilles? From factory it seems to be cemented or melted to the grille-frame...  
    • Seeeeeee, ya got 'em ALL stirred up @DWells   LS are truly a FUN speaker! They, like most of the Klipsch line have their own distinctivve "voice."   Take a look at the "networks/crossovers" inside and look for oily looking leaks.  That's an indicator for sure, loosen the screws and just tighten them back down breaking the crude free a lil bit and give them a good listen.   It doesn't take 5k watts of "pure solid state power" to drive them at all.  It also doesn't  take a high dollar tube amp.  That's up to you to decide because they're VERY efficient speakers.  A 5 watt tube amp sounds great depending on the size of the room.  Whatever you have on it now is fine as long as it works for you.   Throw 'em in a corner and align them to cross a couple feet in front of you and you should have a great sound stage for listening.  Kick back and relax.  See what they sound like.  You're buddy did you a solid and is prolly grinnin right now cause ur hooked or soon will be.  Prove me wrong!  lol   Ya got questions just ask or use the search bar up top.  We don't bite too hard in here.     BTW, don't EVEN think about dumping them that's just cra cra!  lol  Welcome to the fam!
    • Well ...the european football championships start today in germany, but i don't believe that the german team will make it to the final. I didn't find the test matches convincing and the team consists mainly of new and young players, which is good because German football has long since become a laughing stock in Europe. Let's see what happens ...   Ja , the weather is ..na ja ...has nothing to do with  summer at the moment , yesterday evening I spun some records   the third and last album vom the german ProgRock Band Triumvirat " old loves die hard " 1976       WOW , another germany KrautRock Tripp ...so good ! ELOY " Floating " from 1974     than my favor album from Steve Hackett " Spectral Mornings "     and finally one of my favor industrial ProgRock Album UK  
    • What about xlr cables? McIntosh sells a pair for $500 and Audioquest sells for a little less. Is it worth the money?   Any suggestions on a good bang for the  buck xlr cable?   On another note, I borrowed a Audioquest usb cable to compare with a cable I bought off of Amazon made by DJ Tech Tools and the latter sounded better. I believe the Audioquest cable is about $50 more than the cable I bought from Amazon.
    • It has been recommended to me to replace the $1.00 outlet with a hospital grade outlet. Sold at Home Depot for about 10 bucks. It would be easy enough for me to run at dedicated circuit since I have a basement but if there is no benefit. I won't do it. I'd like to hear other's thoughts on this.
    • Whew, is ALL I can say!  Just a lil bit of blues for ya'll...                :)
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Chi