• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• with help from billybob and The History Kid, i was able to determine that the klipsch speakers i bought back in 1993 were the KG1.2 model. they sounded so great with my denon amp etc.! i only had those speakers for a couple years before i had to sell them to help finance a big move from san francisco to washington state. around 2004 my dell computer had some decent speakers and i was wooed by the ease and simplicity of the digital age and itunes etc.. about 20 years ago the old system got boxed up and put into storage. however, i am ready to get back into it this year! the only thing missing is the good speakers. i was considering a pair of new ones, but thought if i could find a nice pair of those ones I had in the 90s that would be sweet. looking on auctions sites, i see the prices for KG1.2 are as much or more than a new pair of klipsch bookshelf speakers model R-41M. so the question is this... is it worth it to spend $150-$250 on a vintage pair of KG1.2 speakers, or just go with the new models for $150? do the new ones sound like way better? i was planning on adding a small subwoofer as well to give it that extra boom boom. any thoughts? cheers and thanks!
    • You made me look it up.   They are all in their mid 60s or older and all still have active careers performing.   That means there's hope for me. Richard Thompson is still being incredible and we're the same age.
    • These are probably 1980 digital pipe organ speakers from Rodgers Organ, Now Rodgers Instruments.   i have a generation or two prior of this speaker, same design minus the bass reflex port.  The 32 hz pipes were sent to an 18” sub cabinet.   the drivers in mine are JBL. The cabinets are manufactured, or at least,sourced out to Rodgers.  If you still have these for sale, please reply
    • ‘Various artists     
    • Did you modify it to run triode instead of ultralinear?
    • welkom. deze sectie is bedoeld voor technische vragen met betrekking tot het forum. Gelieve opnieuw te posten in een geschikte sectie.
    • I have La Scala's, at first I drove them with a 400 watt crown amp would put a smile on your face and the Klipsch sound came thru.   I now have a Decware Torii Jr V2 16 watts and it sounds great also.   Is there a difference, Yes is one bad and the other good No, just different.   Everyone's room is different, every system configuration is different, and generally sources are different.  The goal is system synergy and my personal opinion is the better the source material the better all your other components will sound no matter what it is. Remember, your room impacts your sound by at least 50%. So no other component has that level of impact.   Another personal opinion, there are a lot of good system combinations which can sound very good say 85-90%,  the next 5% is very expensive, the last 5% if it is obtainable is massively expensive.   Happiness comes when you sit down and enjoy your music, even better when there is someone to share it with, and even better with your favorite beverage.   Enjoy The Music    
    • Got the big rig cranked and not takin any prisoners!   Sittin here thinking about mowing.  Don't know what crap this Chem-lawn is putting on the yard but it's grown two inches and we haven't had any rain.  Just the over night moisture.  May as well mow it later but no rain til Friday "they" say.   Outside work is down to mowing and watering da posies.  Can put my feet for the most part.   Time to jump in the USA team Speedos, don the mirrors and hit the mower.  Let the wimmen travellin  thru the hood dream about it!  😂💪
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    LongPlay