• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• Too late for the photos. When I changed the crossover networks the speakers were wire with a Monster cable type wiring. Since the insulation was clear I could see green for the first half inch of cable so I replace all the wire except for the jumpers to the fuse holders since they were soldered to the banana plugs. The new cable I installed I soldered to the end of the banana plug. During this repair I cut the cables off and replaced with new banana plug receptacles and eliminated the fuse holders and used those holes to install an additional set of banana plug receptables. Since I don't play the speakers very loud I see no reason for fuses. As I said in a previous post the jumper  from one of the fuse holders was completely corroded to the point where there was no solid copper left. Just powdered oxide. One woofer measured 4.3 ohms and the other measured 4.7. The resistance may be a bit high but I'll put them to the test and see how they sound. If they don't perform, I'll replace or re-cone the woofers.
    • Looks nice JJ ...tell me more about , whose the manufacturer ? What´s your Preamp now ? Didn´t you bought some sec. hand prof.Klipsch Speakers a while ago ? Can´t remember so far ...
    • great, thanks for that info! so the KG1.2 is worth it for a fuller sound, and even though they would be 30 years old, they sound better overall than a pair of brand new speakers?
    • Hi there.  I am looking for a Tuner Module MB014MA or Mb114ma1 This particular model was found in number of Denon Marantz Nad and Rotel Products.    So anyone with a unrepairable product which has this tuner module, please PM/DM me.    Furthermore I require an original RC 1022 remote silver color.  Would require item to be shipped in CONUS.    Thanks in advance
    • I am going to go against the flow of 2 watt SET amps. I am an electronics engineer Cornell class of 76. Also I collect and restore old radios and repair vintage HiFi gear in my retirement. One of the great advances in amplifier design was the push pull output. Single ended has large amounts of distortion. The push pull circuit cancels them out. I also believe in headroom. I drive my Khorns with Bryston mono amps with 500 watts each. An Aragon 24k preamp with lossless audio files. I only paid 3k for a pristine pair of AK5 that I converted to a model B profile. I buy all my equipment used for pennies on the dollar. My room is 19 X13 so my seat is aligned with the 45 degree corner placement. I just played the FireBird suite from Fantasia2000. I think they heard that in the next county. Now I admit I augment the low end with 12 18" drivers in two 100 cuft infinite baffles with 10kw that are flat to 5hz. The Klipsch have no trouble keeping up with the subs. They image as well as my Infinity IRS betas and ParadigmS8. But they are way more fun.   
    • "Life's a b#t*h then you're body starts betraying you." I'm not scared of dying but life without even slow internet stinks when you're 20 + years used to it.                                                                                       Supposed to hear from them by lunch, I count that as high noon.
    • Belinda Carlisle was a fox! But I was already scheming for that night!
    • https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/ele/d/hastings-klipsch-lascala-speakers/7761938623.html
    • You can't go wrong, Nova Scotia is one of the nicest provinces. Try and spend a day or so in Halifax. Beautiful, historic and chock a block with fantastic restaurants. I occasionally get there for business.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    GreenShades