Old Buckster (Our friend Rob) RIP

kaiser SET say

I was totally taken aback from the email I received from Rob's wife stating he passed away the evening of the 26th. As many of you know he had been fighting some tough battles over the last couple years and although we all know he had spirit his body finally gave up the fight. I was fortunate enough to get to know him pretty well through personal emails and telephonically.

As gruff as OB seemed some times on the forum he had a tremendous heart for good and right. Whenever we spkoe the first thing he always asked was how are the family as he was a great man, father and husband. Please take a little time today to wish his family well and Godspeed to Rob. If and when you get a chance please do cue up a little Stones in memory today.

Oldbuster we are all blowing on your sails my friend

"Virtual" friends my foot!

Few of my family or friends understand the depth of how I feel about the folks here. At first, it was sort of like talking to people in a dark room. As the years go on, the lights gradually come up and you gradually realize that it is not just idle chat, but you've developed ties to people and in many ways know them better than people you deal with on a daily basis. Most of us do not have many physical acquaintances with which we can share our passion for music except here.

I would occasionally needle OB about his single-minded focus on CD's and, give his age, how he could leave behind so much of the muscial legacy of his life and times. It was in good fun, and once he really understood that, he responded in kind.

I particularly remember an exchange of a few weeks when I referred to him in faux German as Lieb Herr Buckmiester, etc. He growled and grunted, and others helped convince him it was all quite affectionate, which it was.

I grew to love him, and I do not mean "virtually." He has left the combat zone of the format wars is now where the music is always perfectly heard and they are always playing his song, and the response is from DC to light, no tweaks required.

EH!

Dave

I'm also sorry to hear this news. Buckster was one of this first guys I got to know offline here and we immediately got on famously (he was a big Stones fan too). I sent him some '72 soundboards this year that he really enjoyed and talked about regularly. I think I'll spin "Exile on Main Street" today in his honor. RIP.

"Virtual" friends my foot!

Few of my family or friends understand the depth of how I feel about the folks here. At first, it was sort of like talking to people in a dark room. As the years go on, the lights gradually come up and you gradually realize that it is not just idle chat, but you've developed ties to people and in many ways know them better than people you deal with on a daily basis. Most of us do not have many physical acquaintances with which we can share our passion for music except here.

I would occasionally needle OB about his single-minded focus on CD's and, give his age, how he could leave behind so much of the muscial legacy of his life and times. It was in good fun, and once he really understood that, he responded in kind.

I particularly remember an exchange of a few weeks when I referred to him in faux German as Lieb Herr Buckmiester, etc. He growled and grunted, and others helped convince him it was all quite affectionate, which it was.

I grew to love him, and I do not mean "virtually." He has left the combat zone of the format wars is now where the music is always perfectly heard and they are always playing his song, and the response is from DC to light, no tweaks required.

EH!

Dave

Well said Dave. Most would not understand the depth of ties and affection here.

OB, have a well deserved rest buddy.

tc

One of my OB interactions was on the 'quit smoking' thread. He was very supportive of those trying to quit smoking. Many times he noted how badly tobacco had harmed him. I had no idea he was struggling with about the worst tobacco can inflict upon the human body. Having worked with lung diseases for decades OB and the multitudes like him are the reasons I hate tobacco with a passion. All those lovely people shown enjoying life on the tobacco ads are fakes. OB was real. He is now another tobacco statistic. He is one of the 1,200 Americans who died on the 26th of Nov thanks to tobacco and a country too chicken to end it. OB suffers no longer but we all suffer from the loss of a good person and friend. Blame tobacco. Hate tobacco for all the OBs it has so cruelly taken away.